cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract

Coldav68
Joining in
  • I am wanting to extend my contract and managed to get my bill reduced but I feel I am being forced to take an 02 sim at a cost of £25. I already have a 10 go data plan with unlimited calls and texts for £10 a month. The agent says I have to take the 02 sim. Is this correct. I am happy with my existing provider so don’t want the hassle of moving
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No-one's going to force you to take any service that you don't want, but you may well find that a bundle with an O2 SIM is cheaper than the equivalent one without - in other words, multi-bundling discounts more than compensate for the additional cost of a given service.

The complication with VM's mobile setup currently is that the billing is split across Virgin & O2. That aside, you can simply ask the retentions agent to quote for your combination of services without the O2 SIM. If that is more than the price with, then you have a choice to make.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No-one's going to force you to take any service that you don't want, but you may well find that a bundle with an O2 SIM is cheaper than the equivalent one without - in other words, multi-bundling discounts more than compensate for the additional cost of a given service.

The complication with VM's mobile setup currently is that the billing is split across Virgin & O2. That aside, you can simply ask the retentions agent to quote for your combination of services without the O2 SIM. If that is more than the price with, then you have a choice to make.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

You've been offered a Volt deal which requires O2. In my case I dumped Virgin Mobile and took the O2 SIM on an 18-month deal which doubled my previous allowance of 5GB to 10GB at a cost of £10pm. It helped that I am also a giffgaff customer, which runs on O2, and I know that I don't have any problems with this network.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thanks for that did they offer you that for 25 initially and reduced it to 10. I only pay 10 through voxi and have had no issues. Is there any wiggle room or is the 25 per month set in stone. If I have to take it I would port my number but it’s just another hassle I could do without. Ideally all I want is just the broadband tv deal without the mobile part of it. 

I was offered £10 for O2 and a separate VM deal for broadband, TV and landline, both new 18-month contracts. Broadband increased from M350 to M600.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection