Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New Flat, Used to Be Offices, Unable To Get Help With New Order.

Hello.

I'm not sure where to put this, or even if anyone can help, but here goes...

I've just moved into a new flat which has been converted from offices. Because it's a brand new residence it isn't on the Virgin residential post code database...but it is on the business post code database. I've tried numerous times to start a new customer process but I keep hitting a brick wall because the Virgin database thinks my address is still a business. I've spent entire afternoons on the website's LiveChat going round and round in circles with different departments telling me that "all that needs to happen is we switch you over on our database, it's not a problem, a quick fix...let me transfer you to the correct department."  and around we go again, over and over. Still no closer. 

I even started a new business customer process, to at least get the ball rolling, thinking I'll tell the next person I speak to what the problem is and we'll take it from there. I waited a few days, received a phone call about my order (so far, so good) and after I explained my situation the guy from the business department said he understood..."call the residential sales team and they'll sort it". He then gave me a dead number. Back to square one.

I call the residential sales department, after finding the correct number, and the nice woman I spoke to understood completely, and she can see the building's information on the database. Said it shouldn't be a problem, but an engineer will still need to come out and look, just in case. It might take a week for them to get in touch, but they will. Even gave me the guys name.

Ok, progress!!...Nope. It's been just over a week, and nothing. 

I call back, another woman says if the engineer hasn't called, it's because my premises can't have Virgin. I try to explain that it's on the business database, it just needs to switch over to the residential database...I've seen it on the database, I've been told it's doable, her colleague said it can be done...she says there's no record of my address at all. Another dead end.

Can anyone here point me in the right direction to actually get a competent sales rep, or an engineer to do their job properly?? Does anyone here know someone in Virgin Sales that can definitely help me?? I just want someone to either switch it over on the database, or come out and look at the building and we can take it from there. Surely it can be done???

Can anyone help me out?? Please??

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Flat, Used to Be Offices, Unable To Get Help With New Order.

one basic question.
which floor is your flat?

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

First floor. Right in the center of town. Above shops. Other properties on the street (residential and business) definitely have access to Virgin.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

reason i ask is that virgin generally don't touch anything about a certain floor.

i don't think this is as easy moving the building from 1 database to another.
was each flat previsouly 1 self contained office unit with it's own virgin feed? or is it a case of the the whole building have 1 feed to supply it all?

is your address "new" or did it exists a stand-alone address as a business office?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The building is long established. The older offices are split into 17 suites on the Virgin Business postcode database.

Edit: And I believe there are now 15 apartments. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ok, so each of the suites had it's own seperate virgin feed? yes?
and of those 17 suites it has siunce been converted to 15 flats?

so does your flat have a virgin connection box anywhere on the wall?

if you have a connection box there then that's a win, if you don't then i see a lot of trouble ahead 🙂

the moving from 1 database to another is one thing (although 17 addresses to 15 addresses is an slight issue), but if there is no physical feed in your flat then that's a different issue, and will be down to whether virgin feel it is in their interest to wire it up.

i'm sure a virgin rep will be along at some point to suggest the point of contact to use, but providing all this info (and the stuff already provided) will help with how it is progressed (or not).

and if the new addresses are correctly listed here https://www.royalmail.com/find-a-postcode - then it's a bonus.

0 Kudos