cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix doesn't work properly

Russell26
Joining in

Netflix has appeared as part of an upgraded account I was given by Virgin, probably because of the guilt that inhabits them for the 24% price hike.

It works perfectly until it stops. After some time - half an hour, an hour, whatever, it then freezes and I see a buffering icon around the indicator 99% but it does not go away - the next thing I see is that the service has been suspended  - 'try again later'. I have a brand new hub, the fastest broadband Virgin offer and the TV is connected to the broadband by ethernet. I have other streamed services and they work perfectly. Does anyone have a similar experience or suggestions.

Thanks in anticipation

3 REPLIES 3

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Russell26, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the community. 

We are very sorry to hear of the issues you have been facing with the Netflix service. 

In order for us to assist further, can you please provide the exact error messages that you receive when attempting to view Netflix?

Also, when the issue occurs, do any lights appear on the front of the equipment?

Thanks, 

Nat

The error code appears to be 858 449. But this does not appear on the screen - it appears when I return to Netflix home. I do not recall seeing lights on the equipment.Thanks so much for helping me.

Thank you for your response @Russell26 

Does the issue persist after rebooting the TV box as seen here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-restart-or-reset-your-box#tab2 Also when looking into your Netflix account itself online do you get any error messages? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs