Menu
RPC1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Neighbour’s cable on my roof

Hi,

I am looking for some help.

My house is standard end terrace which has a Virgin cable running under my front garden to the front of the house.

My neighbour has a black cable leading from their brown ground level connection box, going from the front, over the roof, to the back of their property.

The cable has moved over to the roof of my property and is hanging loose over my side  of the property boundary, this is not only unsightly but could cause damage to my roof tiles (as verified by my builder).  Photographs can be provided.

Could you please confirm that this issue can be dealt with by VM? When I asked my neighbour for the cable to be be secured, they rejected my request to rectify the matter.

Please also confirm VM will accept any responsibility for damage to my property until the issue is rectified.

I look forward to hearing from you.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Neighbour’s cable on my roof

if the cable was not installed over your roof then its likely VM wouldn't be held responsable for any damage.
The cable most likely moved in the high winds so that wouldn't be down to poor workmanship.

You should get your neighbour to report it to VM as its there cable and they are the customer.
Tell them if they do not you will get your builder to remove it leaving them with no service (empty thread but might get them to report it)
0 Kudos
RPC1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but I will take this up with VM, as I said the neighbour is not interested and no point issuing empty threats.
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It is always a great shame when neighbours cannot get on together, especially when it spills out into public forums such as this.

I hope you get this resolved in due course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi RPC1, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear about the problems with your neighbors cable. We'll do all we can from here to help. I'll get in touch via PM so we can confirm the details and contact the teams in the area for support. Just look out for the purple envelope and get back to us when you can.

Tom

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting us know this has been resolved now @RPC1 I'm glad we could help out. I've passed your feedback on to the teams in the area - please let us know if we can help with anything else. 

Tom 

0 Kudos