Menu
jfewings
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Need a PIN.....why?!

I am at a loss as to figure out why programs like Kate Humbles Escape to the Farm and Matt Bakers Our Farm in the Dales need a PIN to be able to watch them. These are programs about Nature, hard work, living sustainably and living off and in harmony with the land. Why on earth would you block young people from watching this kind of program without their parents allowing it??

I for one would love to see my kids watching this rather than EastEnders or any other soap full of misery and hate that provides nothing to the community nor adds anything to our knowledge.

There is no nudity, no swearing, no murder, death or destruction in these programs. So please for the love of all that is holy, why are you blocking it?? The only thing I can think of is the idiots that would complain if they saw their child watching a cow being born or something; something which I saw at the age of 8 and was amazed. 

In a time when inner city children have no idea where milk comes from (yes it has been known) and have never even seen a cow and think that meat actually comes from the supermarket, surely we should be allowing all ages to watch programs like this.

Or is it the case someone at the top wants to keep things like this away from the younger generation in case they make the decision to own a farm or something like that when they are older and the corporation owners lose potential drones to work for their company in a call centre 12 hours a day for the rest of their lives?

This is a serious question, I would really like someone in the know to answer this. If you cant answer it I would like to know who I can talk to about it because quite frankly, I am at a loss to understand this strange decision. 

Thanks

Jim

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need a PIN.....why?!

I'd imagine it's driven by VM's experience of complaints.  All them pigs rutting, piles of poo, animals bred for meat, countryside values....there's soooooo much that people lacking in moral fibre could find objectionable.  And in this day and age, taking offence appears to have become a lifestyle choice for some people.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos