Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

NEED TO DOWNGRADE MY PACKAGE

HELLO,

I NEED TO DOWNGRADE MY PACKAGE. I AM BEING CHARGED 62 P/P/M FOR FREEVIEW TV, BROADBAND & TP.

MY BROADBAND IS USELESS 

Download 
11.06 Mbps

Upload 
6.15 Mbps

Ping: 162.25ms
Jitter: 116.33ms

THAT WAS TAKEN AT MID-DAY TODAY.

I HAVE 'PHONED VIRGIN PREVIOUSLY, COULD NOT REALLY UNDERSTAND THE PERSON'S VERSION OF ENGLISH THEY WERE SPEAKING, WHICH DID NOT HELP MATTERS.

I HAD 'PHONED TO ASK IF THEY CAN MATCH THE 26 P/P/M THEY ARE CURRENTLY OFFERING NEW CUSTOMERS. 
I WAS TOLD THAT THEY JUST CAN NOT & THAT IS ONLY FOR NEW CUSTOMERS.

ON THE SAME CALL I WAS TOLD THAT I SHOULD BE GETTING BETTER DOWNLOAD SPEEDS AND THAT SOMEONE WOULD HELP.
NO ONE HAS BEEN IN CONTACT AT ALL.

I HAVE, UPTO NOW (BT & SKY HAVE OFFERED ME GREAT PACKAGES AT THIS LOW PRICE), BEEN WITH VIRGIN FOR OVER 20 YEARS, A LOYAL CUSTOMER. THEY ARE HAPPY TO CONTINUE TAKING MY MONEY AND COULD NOT CARE LESS ABOUT ME.

I HAVE E' MAILED THE COMPANY 5 TIMES. NO ANSWER TO EACH E' MAIL.
I HAVE LEFT MESSAGES ON VIRGINMEDIA'S TWITTER FEED ABOUT 6/7 MESSAGES DIRECT TO THEM. THEY HAVE IGNORED EACH ONE.
I HAVE SENT A TEXT MESSAGE THAT I HAVE SEEN ON THESE BOARDS, OFFERED BY A VIRGINMEDIA RESPONSE. THEY HAVE IGNORED THIS.

I JUST WANT FREE TO AIR TV, TP & BROADBAND. SURELY NOT TO MUCH TO ASK.

THIS IS MY LAST SHOT AT VIRGINMEDIA IF THEY REALLY WANT TO SHOW THAT THEY CARE ABOUT LOYAL CUSTOMERS.

GIVE ME, YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMER, A GREAT DEAL.

PLEASE DO NOT BOTHER WITH INSINCERE RESPONSES, LIKE "I AM SORRY....." OR WORDS TO THAT AFFECT AS YOU WILL OBVIOUSLY NOT MEAN THEM, JUST RESPOND WITH YOUR BEST OFFER.

THANK YOU.

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: NEED TO DOWNGRADE MY PACKAGE

@rikck wrote:

HELLO,

I NEED TO DOWNGRADE MY PACKAGE. I AM BEING CHARGED 62 P/P/M FOR FREEVIEW TV, BROADBAND & TP.

MY BROADBAND IS USELESS 

Download 
11.06 Mbps

Upload 
6.15 Mbps

Ping: 162.25ms
Jitter: 116.33ms

THAT WAS TAKEN AT MID-DAY TODAY.

I HAVE 'PHONED VIRGIN PREVIOUSLY, COULD NOT REALLY UNDERSTAND THE PERSON'S VERSION OF ENGLISH THEY WERE SPEAKING, WHICH DID NOT HELP MATTERS.

I HAD 'PHONED TO ASK IF THEY CAN MATCH THE 26 P/P/M THEY ARE CURRENTLY OFFERING NEW CUSTOMERS. 
I WAS TOLD THAT THEY JUST CAN NOT & THAT IS ONLY FOR NEW CUSTOMERS.

ON THE SAME CALL I WAS TOLD THAT I SHOULD BE GETTING BETTER DOWNLOAD SPEEDS AND THAT SOMEONE WOULD HELP.
NO ONE HAS BEEN IN CONTACT AT ALL.

I HAVE, UPTO NOW (BT & SKY HAVE OFFERED ME GREAT PACKAGES AT THIS LOW PRICE), BEEN WITH VIRGIN FOR OVER 20 YEARS, A LOYAL CUSTOMER. THEY ARE HAPPY TO CONTINUE TAKING MY MONEY AND COULD NOT CARE LESS ABOUT ME.

I HAVE E' MAILED THE COMPANY 5 TIMES. NO ANSWER TO EACH E' MAIL.
I HAVE LEFT MESSAGES ON VIRGINMEDIA'S TWITTER FEED ABOUT 6/7 MESSAGES DIRECT TO THEM. THEY HAVE IGNORED EACH ONE.
I HAVE SENT A TEXT MESSAGE THAT I HAVE SEEN ON THESE BOARDS, OFFERED BY A VIRGINMEDIA RESPONSE. THEY HAVE IGNORED THIS.

I JUST WANT FREE TO AIR TV, TP & BROADBAND. SURELY NOT TO MUCH TO ASK.

THIS IS MY LAST SHOT AT VIRGINMEDIA IF THEY REALLY WANT TO SHOW THAT THEY CARE ABOUT LOYAL CUSTOMERS.

GIVE ME, YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMER, A GREAT DEAL.

PLEASE DO NOT BOTHER WITH INSINCERE RESPONSES, LIKE "I AM SORRY....." OR WORDS TO THAT AFFECT AS YOU WILL OBVIOUSLY NOT MEAN THEM, JUST RESPOND WITH YOUR BEST OFFER.

THANK YOU.

You won't get offers in here. That's not what the forum is for. You need to contact VM directly.

Note I didn't use "I AM SORRY....." or words to that effect as you are correct, I wouldn't mean them...

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

As I said in the post, this is my last shot at trying to get a response from Virgin as they keep ignoring me. I have to try something and these forums is a place that Virginmedia employees visit.

Hopefully someone, dare I say it, will talk to me. 

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@rikck wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

As I said in the post, this is my last shot at trying to get a response from Virgin as they keep ignoring me. I have to try something and these forums is a place that Virginmedia employees visit.

The VM staff on here don't have the access to change packages.

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@rikck wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

as already stated, package changes are not possible via the forum by the virgin forum team.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again for the reply. 

This post is about trying to form a contact with Virgin so we can talk to each other away from here.

My original post still stands and I will wait a few days for Virgin media to contact me in whichever way they want. 

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

the way to contact virgin to speak about package changes is via telephone.
virgin media won't make contact with you to discuss your requirements, you need to contact them, as as said that can't be done here.

any virgin employee that eventually comes to this thread will simply tell you the same thing.

to comment your original rant, sorry i mean post.
email - virgin don't have an method of contacting them via email - no idea who or what you have been emailing
twitter - they won't be able to help you with package changes, so that's probably why they haven't responded.

also, virgin don't provide "free to air" TV apart from channels 1-5 all other channels are paid channels.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for the ranting reply and opinions about Virgin. 

There are lots of free to air channels.

I have the free to air channels and these are also available on free sat & freeview.

If you are paying for them then you need to inform Virgin as they have conned you. 

This thread is now closed and there will be no more comments. 

.............. END ............

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Would it not be more useful if the OP could be helped to improve his connection so that he gets what he is currently paying for?  That is something we might be able to do here.

OP what devices are you measuring that speed on, and how are they connected to the Hub?

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

doos the OP want that help?

0 Kudos