Menu
ZhenShanRen
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Mysterious missed payments...

Hi there - I am trying to sort my internet out, and have failed a credit check. From what I can see, the cause is that a mysterious set of 12 missed payments To Virgin Media are in  my  from the 11th June 2020 - 11th May 2021. It is mysterious simply because I never signed up to virgin for anything, other than an phone package well over a decade ago.

I wonder if anybody else has experienced this strange occurrence, and if so, what did you do to solve the issue? 

Just for the record, I am not signing up to Virgin Media, but another company. No clue why I have these missed payments to Virgin in my credit score? Also it has come to my attention that I have had an account remain open with Virgin Media since 31st Dec 2012. I think that was the phone package I mentioned above, which I stopped many moons ago.

Anyway, sincere thanks in advance for any considerations and replies 🙂

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mysterious missed payments...

Raise a dispute with the credit reference agencies that it appears with. Let them investigate it and come back to you with the findings. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
ZhenShanRen
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sensible suggestion. Thank you 🙂

0 Kudos
ZhenShanRen
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

.... Though I am not sure how to find the 'credit reference agencies...' It just says "telecoms - Virgin Media." And that I am somehow in arrears. Total head-scratcher!!

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Credit reference agencies being Experian, Equifax and TransUnion

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos