cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My neighbours cables are in my front garden

Yelsel03
Tuning in

My neighbour has just had a new drive laid & fence fitted between our properties. His virgin media broadband cable had to be dug up and relaid. However the cables have been fed under the fence into my front garden and out through my front wall onto the pavement.I didn't give permission for any of this and I would like them moved back onto my neighbours property. I will shortly be having my front drive done but can't because the cables are in the way.

11 REPLIES 11

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The street infrastructure is likely to be quite old (1990s). When a lot of these were put in shared access points or tee's would serve two houses on their shared boundry. Sometimes due to other underground structures these ended up slightly offset to one side or the other & install crews were not that fussy about taking measurements as to where the shared boundary actually was, & hence would just drill through where the access point happened to be.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks very much nodrogd. 👍