• 1
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Moving house to an area not covered by virgin media

I am finding impossible to cancel my service as my new property I’m moving to has no Virgin coverage. The website will not allow cancellation. The phone line does not answer. And the online chat takes over 2 hours to reply and closes the chat after 10 mins. Please can you advise how cancellation is possible. 

0 Kudos
  • 6.05K
  • 965
  • 1.45K
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving house to an area not covered by virgin media

Hi MrExit,

I'm afraid you need to speak to the Move House team to close your account.

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of Move House  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.  It's options 1,1 and 4

If you are still in contract there may be some early cancellation fees


The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm just a normal customer here to share my knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos