Menu
SickTired21
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

More price hike garbage

• Hello there!I wonder if anyone has an experience like this? Sorry for the long, ranty message. You know how it is!

About a year ago I left my then accommodation to move to my new address. Speaking with the wonderful Indian call centre folk, I was unable to secure a price in the region that I wanted to pay. So I decided to close my account.

Then one day at work I was phoned by the glorious Indian office again. A reasonable price was offered there and then on the phone. I agreed, thinking that seeing as I have an existing account it would be a simple task to move to the new address.

I asked for an email with my contract on and was told this would arrive shortly. It never did.

Anyway, the new service connected at my new address using my old router. All good. 

On a number of occasions i tried to get my new account details (the old one was not used). I was told every time that the account details could only be sent in the post. Each time, nothing arrived.

The service was fine, no problems, so I just carried on using it, until one day recently the bill almost doubled. I make contact with our friends in India. 'Sorry, but this is the contract you agreed to.' I did no such thing, I told them. I also told them I had never been able to get a hold of my account details. Now, instead of it only being possible to receive the account details by post, an email is sent. And there, surprise surprise, is the email I should have been sent on the day I was contacted by phone, with the detail I was not told about at the beginning: the price after one year goes up full £28 to £43, for broadband only. 

I would never have agreed to this price as it is far too much for a single person. Yet I feel that inevitably, I will be charged an exorbitant exit fee or stuck paying over the odds for a year.

I believe I was deliberately mis-sold to in a well practiced way.

Is it a coincidence my details were only finally sent after the price went up? I think not

Such an INFURIATING company!

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: More price hike garbage

What are you disputing?

The fact that the price increased after the initial 12 month fixed term?

This is normal practice. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi SickTired21,

If  you were placed onto a 12 month contract and are now paying full price then you can cancel by giving 30 days notice.

Or you can call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or freephone number 0800 052 0422, or 0345 454 1111, ask for Retentions (thinking of leaving us)  The best time to call is between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

Retentions (thinking of leaving us) are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents. Hopefully you can negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
SickTired21
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.

0 Kudos