Menu
Pauly72
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Monthly increase

So my Virgin contract for tv is going up £10 a month or £120 a year....That's nuts at the moment...Tried to call their team to ask about leaving...Got cut off after 13 minutes...I want to speak to someone about leaving...Not happy

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Monthly increase

Presumably that means your new customer discount is ending and you are reverting to the normal price that everyone else pays?

You will have to negotiate on the phone.

Call it in again -- 08.00 sharp is the best time - although people are still reporting getting through ok at other times. Go to “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-4- "Thinking of leaving" when you should get through to the people who can help you. If your contract is ending they should negotiate with you in lieu of you signing on for another year.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Monthly increase

Be aware that VM are trying to stop or minimise the long established discounting practice, so you may well find that they'll offer you no discount at all, or they'll offer you a trivial discount but still expect you to be locked in for another year.  And even if you get a discount, they'll still hike your price by more than inflation in the annual inflation-busting price increase, probably to be announced in the next few months.  So if they give you a fiver off, your bill will still increase by about six quid in September, based on what they've done over the past few years.

Before phoning, investigate what offers are available from Sky and BT, so that at least you know what you could be paying elsewhere for a comparable package. Check on sites like Moneysupermarket and USwitch as well as directly on the company websites, as they don't push the best offers through all channels.  Worth knowing that (whilst you'd undoubtedly have to haggle to get it) both BT and Sky have promised the regulator that at the end of the contract they'll offer existing customers their new customer pricing, whereas Virgin Media have refused.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos