Menu
NightShadeSTB
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Massive Price Increase for Existing Customers

So just been informed that my price will jump from 99.99 a month to 139.99 a month for the Ooomph bundle in 2 weeks time (even though apparently I need to give 30 days notice to leave). So as a loyal customer I receive a 40% price hike (plus another 4.50 increase in March coming as well)

Yet a new customer on a contract gets a free 43" Smart TV and the same package for 79.00.. which is 20 less than I'm already paying and almost half what they want me to pay starting at the end of the month! Way to screw over loyal customers

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Massive Price Increase for Existing Customers

you are being allowed to leave without penalty if you are still under contract.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
NightShadeSTB
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Which is fine, the issue is however that a customer of 10 years that you'd think they would want to keep as less costly to keep a customer than to find a new one is being told they will be charged 139.99 and a new customer is being told they will be charged 79.99 and get a free 43" TV thrown in for exactly the same package. 

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

they will only be charged the lower price for the initial contract period - that price will then rise to the standard advertised price for the package.

0 Kudos
NightShadeSTB
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

After 18 months correct, I have no issue signing to 18 months under those terms. If it was a lease car for example at the end of the contract I can continue paying possibly at a higher rate or hand back and lease a new one from the same company under the new conditions not be told no we will add 40% to your bill for the same vehicle and no you can't get a new contract on the a new vehicle with us. Pay us or leave, good customer retention?

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

you have 3 options

1) accept the price and remain a "loyal" customer
2) go thru the "i'm thinking of leaving" process and try and negotiate a better deal.
3) take advantage of the release clause and move provider where you'll get a new customer deal

0 Kudos
NightShadeSTB
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for stating what are obviously the options, the post was more a complaint with regards to how 'loyal' customers are treated.

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

a "loyal" customer would stay regardless of what the price was - that's the definition of "loyalty".
"loyalty" isn't jumping ship when the price is no longer to your satisfaction.

0 Kudos
NightShadeSTB
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

A loyal customer would not stay regardless of price, that would be a foolish customer. A loyal customer would stay rather than move elsewhere if offered a fair deal.

annorax
Superfast
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'm under contract and I'm staying until my contract ends in June. Most if not all customers WEREN'T hit with a price increase last year and you wouldn't have complained about that.

Since I added the landline to my broadband in July 2019 this is the first price increase I've had and I don't go on the forums to complain about.

When I recontracted last year I got 2 discounts equivant to the line rental so I'm not going to complain about a £3.50 a month price increase.

0 Kudos