Menu
Preztcs
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Loyalty calls

Hi all, First the quick details:-

Yesterday I received a call from the virgin media team about a loyalty bonus (I have been with virgin media for 21 years). The gentleman started talking about about all the wonderful things like increasing the speed of my Internet, extra tv channels, and even a better phone packages (and boy could he talk), long story short after spending 5-10 mins talking about all these wonderful things he said the famous words  I can offer you all this for only an extra £13 a month :(.

I explained times are hard at the moment and I could not afford to pay anymore money. He started again telling me about how good this offer was and going over it all again, to which (even though I was starting to feel pressured) again I explained I cannot afford to pay anymore than I was already. To which he said I can't help you :s.

So to the questions :- why do virgin media feel the need to disguise an obvious sales pitch under the guise of a loyalty bonus but more importantly why does this loyalty bonus (air quotes) only apply if I spend more money each month, Have I not been loyal if I don't .......How about offering just a good old simple discount.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Loyalty calls

Sadly the best deals are only offered to disloyal customers, and that's true in almost every sector that hasn't got aggressive regulation (and aggressive regulation has some very negative effects of its own).  Anybody who can't or won't change supplier at the end of an introductory deal is likely to end up paying more.  

My boiler-plate guide to getting a better deal is in the link below, but note that comes with no guarantees - it is solely within VM's gift to offer a discount.  If you (and indeed me + world + dog) don't like VM's best offer, then the choice is accept it with a bad grace, or cancel and go with a new ISP.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/can-you-downgrade-package-without-using-the...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Loyalty calls

its just as you say a sales pitch - i would assume each agent has their own 'pitch' which they hope will get you to say yes and them earn a fee

as a word - possibly of warning - check your account - you would not be the first to have said no for the agent to ignore you and add whatever he/she was offering to your package

Tony