Menu
chasmacduff
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Loyal Virgin, a joke

HI

I have a friend who has been, a loyal Virgin customer for years, we joined roughly the same time or there about, I had my Virgin package reduced from £88 to £55 a few months ago, this was after being told it was to get raised to £92+, plus Virgin like to add on a few pounds when we only phone in our area, to our total bill, where the extra charge comes from is the question?

I asked my pal what her bills were and she said bordering £100, just under sometime over, there is no loyalty shown to customers who have been loyal Virgin, when will this gross overcharging stop?

This pal of mine has a basic package. 

I will have to check many of my friends who are in the same position.

Thanks for reading.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Loyal Virgin, a joke

prices go up each year - packages change - prices change - you will get nothing offered from them - you have to do the work - ring retentions and see what they can do - iy will not be as good as a new user deal but might improve on what you have now

loyalty is not something they factor in 

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

'there is no loyalty shown to customers who have been loyal Virgin, when will this gross overcharging stop?'

are customers loyal? they stay because it suits themselves, be it on price/the service offered. assuming you hadn't got your 'loyalty' discount would you have left? different people get different discounts at different times according to different things. someone who just has broadband will likely get little or no discount. those on the top package will get more. those of good customer standing ie pay on time is usually factored in, certainly with sky it is.

the checking of your friends bills will likely show various prices. as tony says best to phone into retentions. most companies work this way.

we have changed our electric supplier three times the past 15 months simply to get the best deal once they put prices up. those who do not phone in and pay the 'going rate' are those keeping the company in business.
chenks
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@jamesofmerton wrote:
those who do not phone in and pay the 'going rate' are those keeping the company in business.

they are the ones subsidising the discounts other gets. those are the real loyal customers.

jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

'they are the ones subsidising the discounts other gets. those are the real loyal customers'.

yep to a degree but they aren't loyal because they do not phone up haggling for a discount, nor are they loyal because they do not leave. many can't be ar*ed to move. nothing to do with some blind affinity towards virgin and their staff.