cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Chat / Messenger

Jase92
Just joined

Not sure if this post belongs here but I couldn't really find a board that fits my pain point. 

I can't be the only person who doesn't have time to wait on hold to get through to a call centre agent just to ask a simple general enquiry that I've been unable to find the answer to online. That said, I searched for some kind of Live Chat or Messenger service that would allow me to get in contact (which wasn't easy but that's a whole different issue). On my search, I came across this page.

Now, the page in question mentions both a Live Chat and Messenger service, advises that they are available Monday to Sunday from 8am until 10pm but does not give even a hint at how to start one of these conversations. Does anyone know how to get connected to Virgin Media's Live Chat or Messenger service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use the chat-based method via WhatsApp - 07305 327112. It's a combination of bot followed by chat although the chat might not be live but you will be pinged when /if an agent becomes available so you can get on with your Sunday. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use the chat-based method via WhatsApp - 07305 327112. It's a combination of bot followed by chat although the chat might not be live but you will be pinged when /if an agent becomes available so you can get on with your Sunday. 

Thanks a lot for this!
Makes you wonder why they are so reluctant to include this info on the page I linked to?

Stardoe
Just joined

I absolutely feel your pain!  Just looking today and it's almost impossible to find the live chat function.  Almost as if they don't want anyone to get in touch with them.

umpa
On our wavelength

This is what you get when you message them.

Thanks for choosing to Message us today. We don’t have availability to accept any more messages for faults at the current time.

You can still get many of your queries resolved on our dedicated help pages on our website https://www.virginmedia.com/help or on our My Virgin Media App which you can download from the App Store or Google Play Store.

If you need to speak to one of the Team you can call us on 150 from your Virgin MediaO2 Landline or 0345 454 1111 from all other providers. Thank you for your patience and understanding

Speaks volumes.

fulabeer
On our wavelength

Just used WhatsApp about the price rise.

It took me 8 days before a real person responded. In those 8 days i had to constantly confirm i still wanted help and repeatedly re-answer the security questions.

It ended up being a massive waste of my time on my phone. This is just poor service. It is not a one off due to the price rises as Virgin has always has the worse customer service in my experience. I've now left this company as i finally have other superfast fibre to the house options. I will never ever return.

smandy
Joining in

I sit and wait about 2 hours every day for someone to answer on Live Chat. You then have to repeat everything and just as you nearly agree a deal it comes up with an error.

What a nightmare

VrgnonRidiculus
Joining in

I spent much of yesterday morning battling Live Chat to get a Pod. This could so easily be automated. The required screen shot of download speeds is meaningless - the actual location I needed the pod for had such a poor signal that there's no WiFi connection available at all, I just had to find somewhere where I could stay connected but not very well. If it's part of the promised package (or you're willing to pay) why the need to jump through hoops? If they're so busy, how about removing some of the workload - it could be done with a few lines of code.