Menu
waspie873
Tuning in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Leaving...

I'm leaving after 13+ years.

With the latest £3.50 increase on my basic bill I've had enough.

Told that to the guy who I spoke to in the 'I'm thinking of leaving' office who did nothing and offered nothing for me to stay.

Signed up with Sky with a better package (In my opinion).

5 days later Virgin phone me up and offer me super duper deal costing £3 less than Sky.

I am a man of my word and having signed up with Sky, I'm staying with them.

WHY ON EARTH did Virgin NOT offer me a better deal when I first registered that I was leaving?

Crazy.

See ya.

spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leaving...

because the person you spoke to wasn't able to offer that deal, it was only available to the outgoing team.
sky use the same method for retention deals.

anyway, bye

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
waspie873
Tuning in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

So the question has to be asked....why wasn't I connected to this 'team' while I was on the phone?

Ah...I know why...because I wasn't serious...well that worked.....not.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hello

The reason you were not put through to that team to offer the best deal is because they are an outbound team only, there is no transfer from an inbound call to that team.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
waspie873
Tuning in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Well...I'm sure with Virgin's capability they could AND should rectify that little technological problem henceforth.

Oh I know that probably 6 out of 10 leaving customers would think again when the 'outbound' call came and the much better 18 month deal was offered

but that in my opinion is deceitful and poor work practice. Still...stay safe.

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

it's not a "technological problem".
this practice is used by many service providers - in fact it's pretty much standard practice.

0 Kudos
waspie873
Tuning in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

A silly practice then?

If Virgin can afford to lose 40 in 100 customers because of 'standard practices' then good luck to them.

I was on the basic package...£69.50 a month...plus a £3.50 increase in March.

Sky offered, in my opinion, a better deal with extra bits...second box...sports channels etc for £65 a month for 18 months.

5 days later Virgin offered (because I had been a loyal customer !!!) virtually the same package for 18 months.

It has been pointed out to me regarding other necessities in life like insurance...it doesn't ALWAYS pay to stay loyal.  

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

silly? well that's subjective.
but the practice must work for the providers otherwise they wouldn't keep doing it.

remember that sky offered you a "new customer" deal, that price will revert back to advertised prices once your minimum term is up.

if the sky offer is better then even if virgin had offered you the deal beforehand moving to sky would still have been the better deal for you.

0 Kudos
waspie873
Tuning in
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I'LL REPEAT MYSELF...

As a so called 'loyal' customer...WHY did it take me to leave Virgin for them to offer me the same deal as Sky?

Had someone from the incoming/outgoing 'team' offered me something more than squashing the £3.50 increase for 6 months I may well have stayed.

For someone then 5 days later because I had started the process of leaving to offer me the almost same deal ( second mini box...sports package....

reduced price) is like I said.....a silly practice. Some people have principles.

But hey ho.

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

you said sky offered you "a better deal" so you ended up with the better outcome anyway.

0 Kudos