Menu
stevelee56
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Leaving Virgin Media...unfortunately

Hi all,

Just wanted to say goodbye (bit strange as this is my first post!) and thank you. After 14 years with VM I realised that being a loyal customer no longer counts for much. I'm not posting this to have a go at VM as I have always found the service excellent, but we now live in a society where loyalty is not rewarded, which is a shame IMO. I know that you are supposed to "play the game" of ringing up VM on the pretence of leaving just to get a better deal, but I think rewarding customers for their loyalty would be a better way to go. Who knows, maybe in 12 months I'll be back and VM will offer me a fantastic deal for being a "new customer"?

Stay safe everyone.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leaving Virgin Media...unfortunately

Leaving and coming back is the only way to get the new customer discount - after all you had yours once before... albeit 14 years ago ! 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Helen69
Settling in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How do you leave? I've phoned and no answer. No email, no live chat and nowhere online to cancel.  Please help! 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Call it in -- 08.00 is the best time - although people are still reporting getting through ok at other times. Go to “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-4- "Thinking of leaving" when you should get through to the people who can help you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos