Menu
NGA
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Leaving Virgin Media - No questions here just me moaning

Following a house sale, I am trying to cancel my VM account.

20 Mins in a call queue - I expected a delay but not quite so long.
1 Min conversation with an Advisor (possibly in the Philippines??)
Transferred to "Moving home team"
8 min wait - then cutoff.... argh....
No option to mail them.....
Back to the queue again....... repeat......

I know Covid has impacted all Service organizations, however, this is a telecoms company, my expectation is that they of all organizations would have a "Disaster Recovery / Business Resumption" plan that included switching to "Home-office" facilities.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leaving Virgin Media - No questions here just me moaning

early in the morning - 8ish is good - i got through to retentions yesterday at that time in less than 2 minutes and it was the UK so even better - follow all the prompts and finally thinking of leaving which was option 4

Tony
0 Kudos
NGA
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thx Tony - May have to try calling tomorrow at 08:00.
I have been waiting on the chat system "Message Us" for exactly one hour now.
2 mins of auto bot messaging and the rest waiting for an advisor
A rather poor Customer Service experience

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Working from home options for call centres require the employees to have decent and reliable broadband at home, and the employer to be competent at the technology to go from a centralised call centre to a distributed one.  In the third world locations VM choose simply for cheapness, employees often won't have reliable fixed line broadband at home, and the scummy outsource companies used in those countries, again chosen purely on price, they couldn't manage the proverbial in a brewery.

Looking on the bright side, now is your chance to choose an ISP that doesn't laugh at its customers, and treats customer service as a vital part of its business.  Companies like AAISP, uno, Aquiss, IDNet, CIX, Zen Internet.  Alternatively you could join another big ISP that only values sales and marketing, and treats customer service like something stuck to the sole of its shoe.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos