Menu
Mirman1945
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Landline porting

Virgin have not ported my landline as promised within contract they say the number is now disconnected and want me to ring previous supplier to get it reinstated then they maybe will undertake the port again.

This has been going on for over four weeks they now have given me a new number to use

Really brassed  off as we had original number for 48 years and a significant number of individuals and organisations including healthcare services use the contact number to keep in contact with us as my wife and I are over 74 years and are self isolating

Contract will not be renewed and we are taking advice on whether there has been a breach of contract

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline porting

Hi there Mirman1945 

Welcome to the community. Sorry to hear that you've been having issues with porting a number to us. I appreciate the frustration this would cause. When porting a number we would advise you keep the previous line active for 10 days after switching to us, this way the number is able to be ported. 

Not to worry, I can take a look in to this for you and give you an update on what's going on. I'll private message you here so that we can pass security. 

Thanks, 

Hollie_B

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thank you John. I've been able to pass security now. Just to let you know I've been able to take over this complaint that you have logged and will do my best to get things resolved for you ASAP. I'll need to speak to our telephone technical department to see if there is something we can do to get the number across to us. 

Thanks for your patience, I'll be back in touch over the next few days, but will do my best to get back to you sooner. 

Thanks, 

Hollie_B

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

No worries, I can't take all the credit as a colleague who is an expert on landlines has helped me! Fingers crossed it all goes well. 

I'll catch up again with you on Sunday and see how things are then 🙂 

Have a good evening, 

Hollie_B

Hollie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Mirman1945
Joining in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Latest bill

Hi Hollie

just received my latest bill for £127.00

I have two issues don’t understand changes on 14th July and I’m being charged for a telephone line which as you know I didn’t have until beginning of August

If I was being unreasonable I could argue that the contract was not complete until the date the telephone line was up and running.

Would you like to pursue the matter for me?
John Roberts

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mirman1945,

Thank you for coming back to us, I understand you are not happy as you say you have been charged for the phone line before you were able to use it.

Was the phone line installed at the beginning but your number wasn't brought over until later or did the phone line not work at all?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Mirman1945
Joining in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul

My landline should have been ported across from 7th July 2020 but due to the changeover process not being completed by Virgin on time my number was not able to be used for incoming or outgoing calls until one of your colleagues (Hollie) resolved the situation.

The work was completed earlier this week and I now have the original number in use for both incoming and outgoing calls
My point is that Virgin undertook to change the number over as part of my agreement with yourselves. So if the work was not completed in line with that agreement then the contract start date was not met

John Roberts

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

HI John,

I understand where you are coming from 100% however you aren't charged for the number we charge for the actual phone line , 

When A customer comes over to us we can only do a port once the number phone line is active and this can only be done if the previous number is still active with the other provider, if for any reason the line is cancelled this can stop or at least make it a lot harder to get the number back.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Mirman1945
Joining in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Paul

The line was active and working up and until Virgin did not do the port as agreed. If the work had been undertaken then we would not be having this conversation and I wouldn’t have had to spend around 8 hours communicating with Virgin to get it resolved

The work I accept became more difficult but it was because Virgin did not complete the port successfully.

I know this because an engineer came out to establish what the problem was and he told me this was the case.

0 Kudos
Mirman1945
Joining in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Paul just some further information for you the line has been active and in use for over 48 years before the Virgin changeover problems

0 Kudos