cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Connecting through Z-Scaler

jonclark2
Tuning in

I have been a Virgin Broadband customer for 1 year and I have been very happy with the service, my wife and I both work from home fulltime so a fast a reliable broadband service is really important to us. I have had no issues until last Thursday 12th October when the connection kept dropping out on my work laptop only.

I have followed you online advice and reset the modem several times, I also explored this issue with my companies I.T. team who remote accesses my machine and we also tested the laptop on a different wifi connection where it was working with no issues. During this period there have been no issues with my personal devices or my wife’s access to the wifi, a quick internet search identified that some of your customers have also had issues with accessing Virgin wifi via Z-Scaler.

I have to say that I have found it really difficult to contact your company but I was finally able to speak with Kiran on Live Chat at 09:19 this morning  I have to say that I am really disappointed with the response, he has provided generic answers only and not addressed my specific questions, it looks like he is working from a script and would not engage with my specific issue. He advised that a fix would be applied at 12:45 

12:45 has come and gone and I'm still experiencing issues. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

4 REPLIES 4

carl_pearce
Community elder

You won't get much (any) help from VM as they don't officially support VPNs.

At some point you may want to try with your HUB in modem mode, with one wired device connected (Modem mode only supports one wired device connected at any one time (Wireless is disabled)).

If this resolves the issue you may need to invest in your own router/mesh system.

Client62
Legend

Login to the Virgin Media online account, check the Websafe settings. 

If Child Safe has become re-enabled that would be a blocker for use of a VPN.   

We can also bypass  "Child Safe" by changing the DNS of a computer to a Public DNS such as Google DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Thanks for this.checked child safe and it is not enabled. I don’t think I will be able to change the DNS as it’s a work laptop. 

it’s wired how this has only just become an issue after 1 year? Thanks again.

Jon

Thanks for this. I’ll have to try at the weekend as I’m now having to change all my plans this week and go in to the office as I have some upcoming deadlines. Realy frustrating,

Thanks again, Jon