Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Interment Internet

The issue occurred around 3 weeks ago, intermittent internet, wireless and wired. All devices lose connection. 

The 1st engineer that turned up changed the next door neighbours cable splitter, out front and turned our router on/off. Said there was an issue but it should be resolved, “please give me good feedback as I’ve just completed my apprenticeship.”

The 2nd engineer was scheduled today between 4-7pm. No one has turned up.

The issue lies between the router and the cabinet.

The router shows SYNC Timing and RCS Partial Service in the Network log and no resetting the Hub3 didn’t fix it. 

Virgin don’t offer refunds for an intermittent service as we can use the internet. Read somewhere that you get £25, when an engineer pulls a no show. 

Copy pasting Data from the Hub is pointless, the Post RS Errors are nearly double the Pre RS Errors. 

“Oh, we’ll send an engineer out”

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Interment Internet

Is this a question? Or a vent?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Are you a Question?

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just received an E-mail with a £25 discount off the next bill, and within the text, it advises to contact them immediately to reschedule. Except it’s 21:05 and call centres are closed. 

4-7pm and I’m told at 9pm that there won’t be an engineer visiting this evening. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If there is a "known issue" all tech visits get auto-cancelled until it is resolved - have you checked?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually only covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault in the morning (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, then get a fault reference number you can follow.

Note that the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 gives the best chance of getting through quickly, although I got through recently in 20' at ~1pm midweek.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The issue lies with something that happened 3 weeks ago. I’m assuming that our new neighbours upstairs joined Virgin when they moved in. 

Now, they didn’t install any new connections, but they have most likely been Daisy-Chained to our line on the property. 

There are no faults in our Area, and Virgin is unwilling to admit there is an issue. The first engineer that turned up last week had just completed his training, and he changed a part outside the front of our property, There’s three lines that run up the wall of the property, and the one he isolated as ours, was actually next doors ‘line’. His device showed an issue, he cleared it on his device, turned our hub, off and on again and said ‘that’s fixed’.

The problem wasn’t Fixed. The second engineer didn’t bother to show up within our booked visit (yesterday), Virgin refunded me £25.

The third engineer has been booked to ‘visit’ today, between 4-7pm. Not going to hold one’s breath, that they’ll actually turn up tonight. 

If an engineer does show up, let’s hope they can identify what cable of theirs outside, runs up the wall to our property, and then let’s hope they go look at the cabinets and fix the problem there. 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Update: Engineer replaced Hub 3 with a new unit. Problem still occurs, internet drops on all connected devices (wired and wireless) the hub doesn’t change, white light remains, and the Post RS errors are higher than Pre RS errors. 

The Virgin helpline just passed us onto the cancellation team instead of resolving the problem. 

What do I need to do as a customer to get the service that I’m paying for? 
I doubt if I record the problem and produce a documentary on the issue that VM will fix the issue. 

0 Kudos