Menu
Rolleduk
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Installation and Quality of Gear

So far my experience hasn’t been great since i made the switch from sky to virgin media. The engineer cut the wires to short so he couldn’t put the modem or tv box where i asked him to. The high speeds on the wifi is good although I’m still trying to figure out the Intelligent wifi. The router is clearly 2nd hand as theres faults in the log registered last year, I just got it 2 days ago. My tv box makes a clicking noise every 10 seconds or so when I’m watching live tv. 
Can anyone confirm that the 14 day cooling period starts on installation day?... definitely thinking of making switch back 

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Installation and Quality of Gear

Every provider that asks you to return equipment recycles/reuses it, granted it should have been Factory reset or cleared to ensure it wasn't sent misconfigured. But yes, 14 day cooling off starts from day of installation.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

are you sure its a real log entry and not something that log before the NTP synced the time
0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Usually if it can't sync it goes to 1970 and not 2020/2019, from what I've experienced anyway. 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos