Menu
Starfishsg
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Installation Nightmare

I ordered full bundle back in May - I understood there would be a delay in installation due to Pandemic.

I accepted installation date of 9.6.2020.

Pre installation work  was completed back in May - they turned up unannounced.

So I have a box installed on my wall from May.

On 9.6 No -one turns up. No communication from Virgin.  Spent 2 hours on the phone to various departments and managed to get a new installation date on 11.6.  I insisted on a timed slot and they eventually agreed to 11.30 AM.  The reason for the delay was given that civil works were being completed.  I told them that the box was on the wall and that my neighbor already had Virgin up and running.

On 11.6 None arrived - no communication.  Spent great deal of time trying to talk to someone who made sense.  I was told it was delayed because of a field audit.  I threatened cancellation.

On 12.6 I spoke to pre-install Customer Rep.  She was quite helpful and arranged for Installation on 13.6.

This afternoon I received a call stating that my installation date was now 25.6.  I stated that this was unacceptable.  I asked to speak to her manager - not available - I said I would wait until available.  She told me she worked at home and there was no one I could speak to.  I asked her to get a manager to speak with me.   I asked her to tell the engineer that if installation was possible to go ahead.

I tried to lodge a complaint with customer services- none of the webforms worked.

Is this normal?

Will I ever get up and running or should I cancel?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Angelo_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation Nightmare

Hi.
Send me a pm with your postcode, account number and area code if you know it. So I can try to help you.
To PM me, just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any of the info I've asked for in this thread as it's public

Thanks Angelo

If my answer was helpful to you, please mark post as helpful answer and consider leaving kudos.

Want to do right by your nearest and dearest and both earn a £50 credit off your bill? It's simple, Just text ‘RAF 67406 to 80011 with your postcode, account number, friend's name and phone number, so we can call them now.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Starfishsg
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Did you get my PMS?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Starfishsg
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

So Virgin have called this afternoon.

Surprisingly today's appointment has been cancelled.

Miraculously the civil engineering work has been completed.

Installation date now 25th June!!

This poor

0 Kudos
Bengie
Superfast
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

You only have to look on the net to see the complaints in their thousands, including on these forums
so nothing out of the ordinary.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Starfishsg

Thanks for posting. Apologies for the install issues. I am glad the pre-install work has been completed. Please let us know how the install goes.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Starfishsg
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

This is part of my issue as the prinstallwork was done weeks ago. Yet this was still the excuse for not installing on the 3 days promised this week!

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

We would have booked in the first available date for the install, though I do fully understand your frustration

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Starfishsg
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

But annoyingly he reason for them not installing on one of the 3 days promised this week was that the pre install was not done. But it was done in May.

I am mainly fed up with the lies.

I presume I will get 16 days late installation compensation!

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Automatic Compensation Scheme:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos