Menu
Santi19
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Infill Myth

Hi all,

first and foremost, I am a Virgin Media employee. I regularly assisted Karen A with her queries (non-techy stuff!).

I felt I needed to post just to correct something - that VM are not infilling.

When the old Swansea Team advised "Not in the 2019" plan etc, their understanding of it was slightly incorrect. The 2019/2020 rollout is for medium to large projects only - where VM are bringing cabling to whole towns - as I am sure some of you will have seen in your area.

VM are actively looking into infilling, and this is separate to the main rollout plan, although still under the Lightning umbrella. We have a DNA Hotdesk team who will look into the smaller opportunities, say 4 premises just off existing network, or larger areas of stranded NTL plant. They get requests in from the local shops and investigate, and if it comes in to budget - they will plan and hopefully build it, so always worthwhile registering interest there. The more interest there is in the area, the more the budget can be stretched.

Thought I would just update you all, as you are clearly trying to be helpful, but have perhaps been given incorrect information.

Thanks all

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Infill Myth

seems that the responses given have been correct, in that they are not going infill unless it is financially viable, and that the default repsonse is to simply register interest.

what you've posted seems doesn't seem to contradict that.
0 Kudos
Santi19
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chenks

It is more the timeframes given - I have read a post to say it will be at least a year which again, is not strictly accurate - and the rollout information provided in the past, which generally is unrelated to infilling.

CMS is a good tool to gauge interest, but getting in touch with the stores is perhaps better - as they can get it straight on the Hotdesk team's radar to investigate it further and faster.

Cheers

0 Kudos
horseman
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Santi19 wrote:

Hi all, first and foremost, I am a Virgin Media employee......

Hi first and foremost genuine thanks for your head's up but hopefully you'll appreciate a kindly reminder via @Kev_B to append the mandatory suitable "VM employee disclaimer" to your signature/trailer?   It'll save more snotty retorts (than mine) in long term.....   😉

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED
0 Kudos