Menu
Kovu89
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Impossible to to cancel broadband!! Help and complaint

Has anybody had any luck cancelling their virgin broadband lately?

i have tried everything, rang call centres(closed) 5 different live chat on website longest one for ten hours with no response to any, texted the mobile number on virgins website all unresponsive despite account number given.

I am moving home and need to cancel my rolling contract of 3 and half years.

I have been trying for a week now it’s so frustrating! 

Surely this is not legal? Everyone has the right to cancel but it seems impossible

Any advice would be appreciated and how to log a complaint which will actually taken notice of both with Virgin and any outside party.

many thanks for the help! 
x

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Impossible to to cancel broadband!! Help and complaint

Hi Kovu89,

If you are moving home there are only 2 ways to proecess that.

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of Move Home  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

The call centres are open and accepting calls. 8am to 8pm weekdays, and 8am to 6pm weekends. You can call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues. Options 1,1 and 4

You can access the Complaint Form here  make-a-complaint

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Kovu89
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I have rang the Call centres all week and followed the instructions to be met by a pre recorded message saying call centres are closed (covid-19 reduced staffing)  and redirecting me to the online message service?

I have had no reply from text message service or online chat option for a week now.

I am wanting to cancel my broadband completely and not move it to my new address.

It seems so wrong for it to be so difficult for customers to cancel such a simple request.

0 Kudos
Kovu89
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So after trying for 3/4 weeks I finally got the contract cancelled today via phone 0345 number.

Followed advice to ring at 8AM so if anybody else is having trouble getting through I would recommend ringing early at 8

0 Kudos