0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Images not working on VMC Forums

you're doing nothing wrong.
images have to be approved by the forum mods before they go live for viewing.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
astrohominis
Dialled in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ahh that would explain it then. Thank you. Out of interest, is this a fairly recent thing? Don't remember it being in place a year ago, but could be mistaken.
0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

been in place for quite some time

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello

At least for the last 2 years images have to be approved to check for personal information, inappropriate images etc, I believe it came into affect with the changes to GPDR.

I have just checked for you and there are no images awaiting approval, mods VIP's and VM forum staff approve images.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi astrohominis, thanks for the message. That is correct we will need to review any image to see if there are any personal information there, we want to ensure that your information is secure. Can you confirm what this is regarding and how we can assist? ^Chris 

0 Kudos
astrohominis
Dialled in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yeah it's all good, was just a bit confused but it all that makes sense now. Thank you for clarifying the reason. While personally I try to ensure my images are scrubbed (like mac addresses), I do understand it's safer this way for everyone.
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

FYI - There has been a recent change to the holding image making it clearer that posted image is being checked.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@astrohominis wrote:
Ahh that would explain it then. Thank you. Out of interest, is this a fairly recent thing? Don't remember it being in place a year ago, but could be mistaken.

Images have always required approval before being visible to the public, but in the past they were at least visible to the uploader while waiting to be approved.  So back then if you uploaded an image it was not obvious that it was awaiting approval as to you it was clearly visible.  Images pending approval in the past were also visible to Mods and VIPs.

What has changed is that Khoros introduced a bug last year where neither the uploader nor the VIPs can see an image until it has been approved.  So not a GDPR thing @DJ_Shadow1966, but a mistake and one that Khoros are in no rush to fix unfortunately.  The "We're just checking this image" is a VM workaround to try and reassure users that even though they can't see it yet the image has been uploaded and not to panic and try uploading it many, many times.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more