Menu
fred1234a
Settling in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Im a new Customer !

I'm a new customer, unfortunately not to Virgin Media !

Ive been with Virgin media for 18 years and been told that the package I wanted as advertised was ..... you guessed it ! for new customers only.

I need a fast broad band connection and British Telecom has just laid a new Gigabit fibre optic cable outside my house so I can get 900 mb connection with them.

I have at the moment a 350 mb connection and eyed up the oomph package with Virgin Media, which gave me 500mb. 

I was told yes I van have that but not at the advertised price, but it would cost me another £23 per month because I was an old customer and the offer was only for new customers.  500mb was the fastest they do because the cable has not been updated to Fibre

I would have compromised with the lower Virgin Media speed because I would have taken the oomph package and waited for the fibre to be updated.

I was told that I had to be a new customer to gain access to the advertised price .

So I am going to be a new customer to BT and pick up one of there new customer deals and they too are doing great offers ..... to new customers only !

Funny how these companies are not worried about there past business, I worked out I must of paid Virgin Media over £15,000 in the past 18 years

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Im a new Customer !

Welcome to the world of business.

You either pay the price they're asking or use your feet and walk.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
fred1234a
Settling in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You got it !

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You're very fortunate that you have the alternative of the Openreach fibre.

Some of us are still waiting impatiently for that choice!

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

But new customers will pay full price after some many months VM with follow BT as BT follow VM if VM allowed existing customers to get a better deal on a upgrade but no one has made the first move...

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos