Menu
chenks
Problem sorter
Message 21 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: I’ve seen reports that Virgin Media Customer Service is ranked as the worst.

it didn't 4G roam when i was in spain.
but yeah, i'm the stupid one Smiley Happy

i'm clearly a shill. in fact my profile here is probably 100% fake and i'm currently sitting in Virgin HQ being paid £30ph with the explicit task to annoy you.

But i'll simply post this article about Three roaming and 4G roaming availabitiy (not Spain is NOT included)
https://kenstechtips.com/index.php/threes-feel-at-home (as of Oct 2018).
"Coverage outside the UK is normally limited to 2G and 3G except from in Austria, Denmark, Sweden and the Republic of Ireland where 4G is now available."

so who's credible and genuine now?

0 Kudos
Rippedofftoolon
Dialled in
Message 22 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: I’ve seen reports that Virgin Media Customer Service is ranked as the worst.

Threes terms and conditions are hopelessly out of date and wrong to their detriment, you get far more and its far less restrictive.

I spend a lot of time in Spain and France 4G roaming is fact.
0 Kudos
chenks
Problem sorter
Message 23 of 30
Flag for a moderator

prove it then?
show that you actually got a 4G connection. three only rolled out 4g roaming to 4 countries (the ones where they have their own network already), and spain/france aren't in those 4.

in fact i've just seen a post where someone is commenting about the changes and they said they were in france and had no 4G roaming (and that was in late september 2018).

so yeah, genuine and credible.....
0 Kudos
Rippedofftoolon
Dialled in
Message 24 of 30
Flag for a moderator

I was in Spain, Lanzarote, until Christmas Eve and was  on 4g provided by Movistar, its fact like it or lump it I dont care.

Chenks you obviously missed the Virgin Staff email memo requiring you to attend the Virgin retraining course on net neutrality.

That will teach you for pulling a sicky to stay at home and abuse your 200mb internet, Chenks you are a Virgin Shill, and not a very good one 

0 Kudos
chenks
Problem sorter
Message 25 of 30
Flag for a moderator

surely as a virgin staff member i'd have 350Mbps internet?
yeah i'll lump it all the same thanks.
0 Kudos
Rippedofftoolon
Dialled in
Message 26 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Its cos you are a rubbish Virgin Shill they only give you 200mbs
0 Kudos
chenks
Problem sorter
Message 27 of 30
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
ianwil54
On our wavelength
Message 28 of 30
Flag for a moderator

I have always found virgin media to be more off a 90% always been ok with me 

0 Kudos
Hannahman
On our wavelength
Message 29 of 30
Flag for a moderator

As a very long time customer of VM, formerly telewest, some 20years plus, I’ve complained many times over the years, and aways found the customer service poor. But I’ve nothing to compare like for like, they could all be as bad as each other. I know poor customer service when I see it, and VM are up with the best! ( worst) No 1 to top the list is studen loan customer service, they actually lie to you, then deny saying anything! They hang up on you, knowing you will hardly likely to get the same person when you do eventually get back to them.

My gripe is that I have a constantly repetitive phone line fault, been going on for years, and yes, I complain after spending hours on my mobile trying to sort it, I asked for compensation, and this seems to have triggered a new contract for me, so I can’t leave without a penalty.

My package is freeview, landline( that is hardly reliable) and broardband  and for this they charge £42.

0 Kudos
chenks
Problem sorter
Message 30 of 30
Flag for a moderator

the be fair, the OP isn't commenting about customer service.
customer service is great when you don't need it, and poor when you do need it.
i think in general terms the majority of people would say the customer service they get from whoever they use would be poor, usually because when they need to use customer service it's because something has gone wrong and they are already come from that angle of needing something "fixed".

i can compare like-for-like as i was previously a plusnet customer and their CS is shocking! but plusnet are generally a shamble of a company anyway.

forums should never be used a gauge about how good (or not) a company is, as people generaly don't come to post on a forum to say everything is "a-ok", they usually to come because something isn't working as it shoud - so you are already working from a skewed statistical base.
0 Kudos