Menu
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've been defrauded out of £36 by customer service!

* Had a 1-year contract with Virgin Media
* Before the end, I called to say I won't be continuing. Rep on the line confirmed that no further payments will be charged
* Yesterday, received a bill for a period where I was no longer under contract...
* Called today to ask what is this about - rep said it's the last month. I don't know what was going on with me. I did say I can't find the bill, so I will take his word for it... I feel so stupid... I paid £36 by giving my CC

* I check now, I see the month he was talking about was already paid! 

So, I got charged for a period after the contract and then I get lied to that this is a different period. Already paid for!

I feel so stupid for believing the customer rep, I had VM locked and let them have some of my money anyway!

Currently looking to get a charge-back from the bank. 
Any other options?

Needless to say, the VM customer service is acting like they are gods... Very rude.

I don't understand how is this a reasonable business practice, do you only want people for 1-year and then never to come back? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I've been defrauded out of £36 by customer service!

once your contract ends you receive a final bill (usually at least a week after your end date). this is normal process.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

no, it is not. All bills have been paid for. 
The installation fee and each month - all paid. I can see, against every month - the appropriate sum taken from my debit.

What is the final bill for?

Why did they say no more charges will be made (and sent me a bill anyway)?

Why did the customer rep lie to me on the phone, stating I need to pay for a month I can clearly see in THEIR system is already paid?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ok you know better then!

but may i suggest you read https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-last-bill#:~:text=My%20last%20Virgin%20Media%20bill&te....

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They cannot change their agreement with me.

I called before, to make sure no further charges will be made.

And I asked today what am I paying for.

Lies on both times.

I am angry at myself for trusting customer service. One slippage and they get you. 

What kind of an operation is this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can i point out that you have used the word defrauded but there are holes to your clam:
You have said that you have seen a bill from them so they are not asking for anything they have not shown you.
You paid the bill so that means that you accepeted the bill and there fore it is a legal payment and nothing the bank can do.
Have you contacted VM Accounts department in regards to the bill and also make sure you have a name and where they work as VM have different call centres.
0 Kudos