Menu
Kovu89
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Huge problems cancellations, impossible to get though, anyone else having this??

Any other customers having problems cancelling their contracts with Virgin media? Impossible to get through to anyone and being sent round in circles??

From my own personal experience the past 3/4 weeks call centres and text message services are unsuccessful.

When calling call centres and following the options to cancellations/retentions customers are informed call centres for this section are now shut and to go on live chat to cancel.

Again, live chats unanswered and the same with text message service.

I have opened 5 live chats all lasting between 2-10 hours giving my request and account number, this was 3 weeks ago and all unanswered (I have evidence of all this)

Same applies to the text message service.

Please can Virgin Media just give customers a simple answer to how to cancel our contracts?

As stated above call centres are not taking calls for this as per the pre recorded message on both your customer service numbers.

Live Chat and Text message Services just as unreliable.

I would encourage everyone having the same issues to keep evidence of their communications and open an official complaint with Virgin and also through Ofcom/CISAS as this is simply unacceptable for so many customers.

I appreciate the help from Virgin forum staff on here but please do not advise me to ring back call centres, live chats or text messaging services as per above 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Huge problems cancellations, impossible to get though, anyone else having this??

Good Afternoon @Kovu89 

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had these issues in contacting us.

When did you last contact the customer retention's team regarding this?  We were experiencing some issues regarding the centers saying they are closed. 

The other alternative that we have is to write in and give your 30 days notes, you can find the written address on the contact us page. 

Kind Regards 

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Kovu89
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Huge problems cancellations, impossible to get though, anyone else having this??

Hi Zak,

Thank you for your reply.

I rang the customer service number at 12:30 today( 2 hours ago) and was greeted with the same pre recorded message for the cancellations department informing me call centres for this section are still closed and to cancel via live chat.

This has been on going now for weeks all unanswered.

So customers options are to write via post, taking even longer to cancel and hand in our 30 days notice resulting in further payments to Virgin Media?? And what happens if Virgin Media claim you not have received the letter in question? 

Seems like we are going round in circles here.

Every customer has the legal right to cancel their contract on any form of communication as stated by Virgin Media Ts and Cs( Phone line, text message service, live chat or post)

The fact that all other forms of cancellation communications services have not worked does not give me faith to now write via post to Virgin Media to cancel.

Customers should not be punished because Virgin Media’s customer services can not cope with simple cancellation process.

I wish to be contacted by a customer service rep as promised through Virgin Media statements online and not to write via post and sit around waiting and hoping it has been successful.

It really shouldn’t be this difficult for customers to put through a simply cancellation request and receive acknowledgment that this request has been successfully and officially logged 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me. 

Unfortunately as a web facing department we would not be able to arrange a call back from here. 

I will pass this feedback on to our management to to investigate further. 

With regards to the letter, we would action the 30 days cancellation from the date that the letter was sent. 

Kind Regards 

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
Kovu89
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zak,

Thank you for that, I would appreciate it greatly if it could be passed on to management.

As stated previously I have logged 2 complaints with Virgin Media and I have opened a complaint with Ofcom/CISAS today also.

As a last resort I will write in letter giving my notice tomorrow however it really shouldn’t be the case for customers that this is our only option.

Many thanks again for your help 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Two options

1. Call it in on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone) - follow options 1-1-4-4 "Thinking of leaving" calling at 08.00 midweek -- is the best time - although people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits.

2. In writing to Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG. Include name address and all account details.

Do it by registered mail and also get the option for a receipt signature on arrival - save these.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Kovu89
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply.

I have rang that number and followed those options multiple times to be met by a pre recorded message saying this call centre is now closed due to covid 19 and to go onto live chat to cancel so unfortunately this option is not working for me.

It would appear posting a letter is my only option here which shouldn’t be the case.

Thank you for the advice regarding sending letter recorded and with signature required on delivery, this is very helpful and I will have to go down this route 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

But with the best will in the world and respect to forum staff who do their best there is little point in bringing the problems to the attention of a management who are actually responsible for a policy of blanking customers who have the temerity to end their custom. Good luck with it.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

VM are actually being pro-active regarding cancellations as the T&C only offer 2 methods - telephone or writing.  How to cancel 

VM are currently also allowing customers to use the text service, and the chat messenger service as well, due to the current problems.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Kovu89
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

All due respect but Virgin Media are being anything but pro active at the moment and a quick search on trust pilot will highlight just how many people are having problems with Virgin Media at the moment.

They May be offering a text and live chat service but this service is completely useless for 100s of us who have been trying all forms of contact with them for weeks with no replies despite account numbers and requests given.

It seems I’ll have to go down the letter/post route which seems ridiculous in this day in age and should be quickly sorted with a phone call.

0 Kudos