Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hub2 Hub 3 free upgrade it's not free.

I have a Hub 2 which constantly drops out and needs rebooting on a daily basis. I went onto the help service on VM website and apparently I'm legible for a FREE UPGRADE to a hub 3.

I continued to fill in the form for the supposedly FREE UPGRADE for a collection and I noticed my monthly DD had increased by approximately £3, therefore, the FREE UPGRADE is not free after all.

Can someone explain before I cancel my VM account. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub2 Hub 3 free upgrade it's not free.

It shouldn't increase nor should it start you on a new contract. Are you sure that the £3 isnt just the one off delivery charge? DD might be related to something else - have you ordered the VM "Boosters" for example - they are £3/mo for some customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I clicked 'collect' button and that's when I noticed the price increase. I reverted back to my virgin account to check my DD and the supposedly free upgrade increases my monthly bill. I am now considering changing my TV/Phone/Broadband provider.

Everyday I have drop outs from laptops and Ipads plus smartphones. The VM hub is sat on its own on a table in the lounge and it needs rebooting plus resetting. I have checked the service status to test my router and the test is always unsuccessful.  

I plugged in my old belkin router, switched the VM box over to modem and I didn't have a single problem other than my Belkin is a very old 54 mbps. Switch VM router back to router mode and the problems start again.

The upgrade is not free.

Thanks for your quick response.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There was no need to upgrade, just tell them your hub 2 is faulty and that you need a replacement sent out, they don't have hub 2's anymore so you would get sent a hub 3 😛

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's too late, I've ordered a new router on-line now. It's definitely the VM2 hub.
Thank you so much for your quick reply but ever since my old NTL connection and equipment were swapped for VM, I've had nothing but problems. Thanks Again.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It "will" be a Hub3 - there are no SH2's left.
And as you have discovered on the day it arrives (dont forget to call in to activate it" stick it straight into modem mode and connect your own Belkin router - or buy an even better one- and you will have no issues.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, Shub2 seems to have issues with dropouts of devices (after many years of trouble free) which I had but since upgrading to hub3 it's been very stable.

0 Kudos