Menu
rnmh1964
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How to get a refund from gadget rescue

Had an issue with my wifi at the end of may and was put through to gadget rescue. Was told that I would not be charged if the issue wasnt fixed. After 2 hours and 2 diferent people it was still not working. The next day the charge had been added to my account! Spoke to both Virgin media and gadget rescue and was told it would be refunded by my next bill, 2 weeks later and there is the charge on my bill! Virgin not interested, said to contact gadget rescue again. After 3 attempts and 2 times of being put through to the wrong department I have been told it "may" be on my next bill! Has anyone else had this issue and did it resolve?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to get a refund from gadget rescue

Have you contacted them on the 0800 number listed in this FAQ page:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/gadget-rescue-faqs

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

rnmh1964
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, yes I did eventually get them on that number and they told me it 'may' be on my next bill! It took them 10 hours to add it to my bill but they say it can take 3 weeks to refund. 

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Clearly @GadgetRescue have broken the contract that existed between you when having not fixed the problem they still proceeded to charge you; IHMO given Virgin Media facilitation in this matter it is hard to understand their hands-off approach given their prior involvement.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos