Menu
Grayshouse21
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How many customers are planning on staying with virgin once the contract is up?

Just doing a little survey to see the percentage of returning customers virgin get either on mobile or virgin media, Ide welcome all who take part.

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How many customers are planning on staying with virgin once the contract is up?

virgin won't tell you any actual figures after the event. business sensitive

having a few randoms here tell you their position, isn't in any way representative of anything. it also doesn't include those that phone in or write in. any figures you get will be way off.

it's a bit like the stupid surveys that which magazine do. 26 which magazine users rate fred bloggs recovery services excellent. so that becomes their recommended company above the RAC and AA who have a lower percentage based on a few thousand users.

of course if i look back at your previous posts, you have made it quite clear you aren't happy with virgin. but i'll give you a puzzler for your survey. we are happy with virgin and our contract is up, but we will be leaving once the tv 360 box is rolled out to everyone. so nothing to do with unhappy customer services, just the technology. you will need another line on your spreadsheet.

0 Kudos
Grayshouse21
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How many customers are planning on staying with virgin once the contract is up?

I wasn't looking into the dislike of virgin and from a few posts you must of got the wrong impression because I've just upgraded my package with virgin so who is the one jumping to conclusions now, maybe your the narrow minded people that virgin hire, to get such bad customer service in the first place next time you judge maybe ask the person why they are asking the questions in the first place if I wanted knick virgin even further the latest figures show they bottom in every category bar the speed,so shh I was merely asking a few customers their thoughts

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I know this is in the Natter section so there isn't any on/off topics but please remain respectful as it's still a part of our board as we don't want to lock this thread. Please see this link for our Forum Rules.

Thanks,

Lisa

Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

A few observations:

1) I don't think many people can be definitive they'll leave at end of contract.  A few, certainly, but anybody who is marginal, or persuadable by a better retention deal, not so much.

2) As @jamesofmerton implies, you won't get a statistically valid sample size, nor a representative sample in a help forum like this.  On the other hand, I don't agree with the criticism of Which? who are well aware of statistical validity and are reasonably credible.  Having run client research myself, it's surprising how quickly a small but well conducted survey can bring out issues that greater numbers would establish as statistically valid.

3) Whilst I don't have a problem with it, trying to get a good number of responses in this forum runs the risk of being classed as "canvassing" which is prohibited by the forum rules that we all agreed to when setting up an account.

4) VM don't hire "narrow minded people".  Senior management judge that outsourcing and offshoring customer service (that they know full well results in poor service) is a valid approach in the context of their overall organisational targets and strategy.  The offshore agents are given a limited script and little training, and told not to deviate from the script, so they're doing what they're told.  And the UK staff are better trained, higher quality, and many have a great customer service ethic despite the corporate apathy towards service quality. 

5) We'd all like customer service to be better, but unless somebody can come up with a model that's cheap to implement and has the same or lower costs as the current outsource/offshore then nothing will change, or unless decisions by people like BT to bring back all customer contact to the UK result in a material competitive disadvantage for VM.  But you only have to look at the past year's corporate results for VM and the net additions of broadband customers - either new customers don't know what sort of service they'll get, or they know and don't care.  Or the poor service is a fact, but simply doesn't affect the majority of customers, and people join on the basis that most of the time things work fine so they won't need it, or for some thet know that (often through this forum) there are routes to a team of helpful UK based staff.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Bengie
Superfast
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I will be having a serious think about leaving when the time comes. The prices are astronomical, it's only the broadband speed that is attractive.

As for customer service, have a search for it and you will see Virgin comes bottom on everything and only Vodafone is under them but by next to nothing.

0 Kudos