Menu
Andy007
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How long does it take to update a credit file once the liability has been paid to Virgin Media?

How long does it take to update a credit file once the liability has been paid to Virgin Media?

The helpline cannot confirm this.. The manager I spoke to cannot confirm this.. There seems to be no email address I can write to to request this from Virgin Media.

As I had to clear the previous balance to setup a new account with Virgin Media with the new account showing on my credit file and the previously cleared amount also still showing on my credit file, I can only assume either failure to notify or omission on the part of Virgin Media in this case.. 

Does anybody have another outlook or avenue to investigate before I begin proceedings against Virgin Media?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How long does it take to update a credit file once the liability has been paid to Virgin Media?

Hello

Normally once the debit is settled your credit reported will be updated in 28 days by the credit agency once Virginmedia have notified them, the debit will still show on your account but will be marked as settled and this will stay on your report for 6 years, the best people to contact to confirm this is -

The contact options are:

By post at: Consumer Underwriting, Virgin Media, Eagle Court 3, Coventry Road, Sheldon, Birmingham, B26 3RZ
Or via Email: creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Andy007
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How long does it take to update a credit file once the liability has been paid to Virgin Media?

Thanks Mike!
I had asked on the phone a number of times and got nowhere!
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

I am afraid that the team who deal with the credit amendments do not have a direct number, as they are not a customer facing inbound team they only do outbound calls if they need further information.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks