Menu
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 1 of 35
Flag for a moderator

How do you do Tags?

In ~10 years I have never added a "tag" in a message - never had the need .😀  I was planning to do one now but cant for the life of me see how.  The FAQ says.....

1. Navigate to an interesting post or comment.
    When you're at a place where you can read the whole message, you will see the Tags area.
  2. Click in the Add Tag field and type your tags.
    You can type more than one tag - just put a comma between tags.
  3. Click Add Tag.
    The Tags area is updated to show your new tags. That's all there is to it.

Well... where are the mysterious "Tags area" and the "Add Tag field" hiding ? - I don't see anything like that.

Cheers

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do you do Tags?

Funny that. I see it. There is a red clickable line at the LH bottom side of each post " Add tags". Click that. IT's also in the compose screen at the bottom - "Message tags".

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Howard.  Here is what I see in your message - no can see.  Just had a thought I am using Firefox on my Macs and I have disabled a few things (poppy up thingies).  I wonder if that might be causing it to not appear?

Screenshot 2020-06-09 at 14.19.16.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 35
Flag for a moderator

And the clickable "add tag" is at the bottom of your post. To be franck I've never bothered with this either. Use seems to be infrequent amongst the community. Could be abrowser or platform issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Cheers - never used it in 10 years I guess I can live without it for another 10 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
turbine
Superfast
Message 6 of 35
Flag for a moderator

The add tag doesn't appear in Edge Canary either.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Just fired up Opera and its not there either - although that annoying red down arrow does appear floating about on the right hand side of the page - which is what I disabled in Ffox.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Hero
Message 8 of 35
Flag for a moderator

The latest TAG is https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/Flashing-red-white-light-V6/m-p/4281110 

I think this option must only be for the forum team now, and maybe VIP Ranks, the forum used to provide the members the option to tag any message in a thread

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/forums/tagleaderboardpage/board-id/Virgin_TV_V6 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Not for VIPs exclusively.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 35
Flag for a moderator

@Buffer6 wrote:

The latest TAG is https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/Flashing-red-white-light-V6/m-p/4281110 

I think this option must only be for the forum team now, and maybe VIP Ranks, the forum used to provide the members the option to tag any message in a thread

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/forums/tagleaderboardpage/board-id/Virgin_TV_V6 

It does look as if there may be some restrictions in place.  I just got a friend with a 'recently joined' rank to check and the 'add tag' button does not appear.

I will ask a question behind the scenes and see what I can find out.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more