Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How do I take legal action?

Hello Virgin community,

After 8 weeks from my initial complaint about damage to my property during installation, and exhausting all avenues to make contact with Virgin Media with no progress towards compensation from their side, I am now seeking to take legal action for compensation. 

Does anyone know a contact for their legal team or what I will need to do to start the legal process against Virgin Media? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I take legal action?

Hello

If you have no reply from the complaints after 8 weeks the next process is ti escalate to the independant adjuducation, this  is a free service where as if you go down the legal road you would have to discuss that with a lawyer and they would then contact Virginmedia.

4. Independent adjudication

If we haven’t reached an agreed settlement within 8 weeks of receiving your complaint, or we agree in writing before the 8 weeks are up that the dispute should be settled by independent adjudication, we’ll send you a letter or email confirming that you have the right to refer your complaint for independent consideration through Alternative Dispute Resolution. This service is absolutely free of charge.

Here’s the contact details of the two adjudication schemes you can use:

TV, broadband, phone or mobile complaints

CISAS, 70 Fleet Street
London
EC4Y 1EU
0207 5203814
Email: cisas@cedr.com

Taken from https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/consumer-complaint-resolution-code-of-practice

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The CISAS website notes an exclusion on property damage, unfortunately

https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/complainnow/

Would suggest the OP allows the forum team to pick this up and see if they can progress things. They are often able to step in and make progress where other parts of the VM support system have failed.

The team normally respond within a few days though can take up to a week to reply but not sure how often they respond in this 'Community Natter' forum. Might possibly be better re-posting in the 'Quick Start' forum as this relates to a new installation.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I would suggest that if you're determined to go down this route, then asking a lawyer is better than asking this forum. 

You could do it yourself via the small claims process, but you'd need to bone up on what the basis of your claim is (eg the "reasonable skill and care" requirements of the Consumer Rights Act 2015), and what evidence you can present to show that VM should be held accountable.  

In terms of a contact for either a summons, or the pre-action letter, just write to the company at their registered office (using recorded delivery).

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos