Menu
PJ7495
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How do I cancel

I’m trying to cancel my Virgin Media account as I’m moving home. I spent over two hours on the phone, being transferred to four different departments before eventually being told I need to speak “with one more department who will just need to push two more buttons” and it would all be completed but while I was waiting they cut me off. I’m not phoning back to go through that again and have cancelled my direct debit. I’m currently on hold on my iPad waiting for a “Transfer to agent” and have been for the past hour. I will not be recommending Virgin Media to any of my friends or relatives 

0 Kudos
cje85
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I cancel

Most here will agree that the customer service on the phone is beyond terrible, but cancelling the Direct Debit is the worst thing you can do. Virgin will simply pass it on to a debt collector and it will affect your credit record which will cause problems in years to come.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I cancel

You could always go old school and cancel by post.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Cannot-Cancel-virgin-media/m-p/4604...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos