cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Leave A Request For Customer Service?

FrustratedOldie
Tuning in

Hello, I've been unwell and need to recuperate - I don't want hassle.

I'm reaching the end of my first ever broadband contract, when the price will rise from £24 - £54 per month. I can't haggle but I've looked at options with VM and outside and want to be able to submit a request for a new deal at £X if agreeable, or to end my existing deal when it runs out & be told how VM will collect their equipment from me.

How can I send it in please? So far I've spent 2 days not getting to speak to anyone on the phone & then 3 days being told I'm about to be connected to a "Retention Expert" on WhatsApp.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your price isn't going to rise, it's always been £54/month but you've had a time-limited £30/month discount that is now expiring.

You can't renegotiate a new contract on here if that's what you're asking, but you're doing all the right things already - either calling in, or using the chat-based channels, they're how you negotiate a new contract.

Approaching a call with a retentions agent "requesting" a particular price also isn't the best way to go into this. It sounds like you've already got prices from alternative suppliers for your chosen services, so make the agent you speak to aware of that. Have a figure in mind of what price you are willing to pay from VM, and if they won't meet that - then ask to disconnect and be firm in doing so. Then if necessary arrange installation from your chosen new supplier.

If you do take that avenue, then make sure your new provider is installed and working before your VM disconnection - otherwise you will need to choose between a) Being offline in the interim, or b) Extending your disconnection date with VM.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your price isn't going to rise, it's always been £54/month but you've had a time-limited £30/month discount that is now expiring.

You can't renegotiate a new contract on here if that's what you're asking, but you're doing all the right things already - either calling in, or using the chat-based channels, they're how you negotiate a new contract.

Approaching a call with a retentions agent "requesting" a particular price also isn't the best way to go into this. It sounds like you've already got prices from alternative suppliers for your chosen services, so make the agent you speak to aware of that. Have a figure in mind of what price you are willing to pay from VM, and if they won't meet that - then ask to disconnect and be firm in doing so. Then if necessary arrange installation from your chosen new supplier.

If you do take that avenue, then make sure your new provider is installed and working before your VM disconnection - otherwise you will need to choose between a) Being offline in the interim, or b) Extending your disconnection date with VM.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The OP sent me a PM with some personal info that I won't repeat on here, but has also asked "I saw a good alternative package from Vodafone but their offer expires at midnight on Monday which seems to give plenty of time but I have honestly had 5 days of not being able to get hold of anyone at VM.

Is there a Customer Services email address that you know of please?"

Answer: No, VM don't provide an email contact, your complaint of not being able to get hold of VM seems quite common at the moment. You can either try calling at different times, or perhaps use the chat-based method via WhatsApp - 07305 327112.

I've just tried calling retentions out of passing interest, and got through in a couple of minutes. Earlier in the day luck, perhaps.

So far today on whatsapp:

07:43 "About to open, do you still need help?"

Ans - Yes.

07:44 "Transferring to an agent"

09:17 "Would you like to continue your conversation?"

Ans - Yes, continue

09:24 "Great, we will close this conversation & you can message us again anytime"

09:25 "What would you like to talk about?" Back to the start of automated questions and a general queue.

09:33 "Transferring to an agent". "Busy, thanks for understanding"

09:43 "Sorry you're waiting, we'll be in touch as quickly as we can".

10:55 "We'll connect you shortly".

11:07 "Through to Customer Relations messaging team, busy, get on with your day".

2 days on the helpline & this is now day 4 on whatsapp.....................

How about the live chat option that pops up on the right hand side:

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband

Thank you Carl,

I'm currently still on hold in the whatsapp queue AND I've also been in the "Thinking of leaving us" queue on the phone for the last 1h 40m, hearing the same half dozen teenagers' favourite tunes. The UK's Eurovision song's good but every 20 minutes. 😣

I'll try that live chat feature again though. I did try it a few days ago & think that's possibly where I got the whatsapp number from but I may be confused again. It either did that or it was one of the multiple features which clicking on just returned "Bad Request".🤞  

The Live Chat option will only allow me 2 options: 1. Use Whatsapp, 2. Try Later. 😭

...and the phone helpline has disconnected me again.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @FrustratedOldie 

Ignore the whatsapp, live chat and text services, they usually take between 4 and 6 hours, but at present they are taking up to 24 hours.

You best option is phoning, calls take precedence over all other contact methods.

The ideal time to phone is around 8am when lines first open and are least busy.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

2 minutes ago on the helpline I managed to speak to Ten, in the Retentions Team and he's dealt with my request. 😌

Thank you to the contributors who've helped me on here & apologies to anyone else for taking up your time.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @FrustratedOldie 

Many thanks for updating your thread. 

You have nothing to apologise for, you haven't taken up our time, we enjoy trying to help others.

I'm pleased you managed to eventually speak to the Retentions Team.  I hope you managed to negotiate a new deal that was suitable to your budget.

Hoping your health improves.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali