Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Honesty

I don't believe Virgin when they say covid is the cause of the delay answering phones, it seems its always been poor. I will wait until tomorrow then cancel my direct debit and go elsewhere.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Honesty

you still need to call in or write in to give your notice. cancelling the DD will not cancel the contract. you will jsut end up with a debt and a black mark on your credit file

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Do you work for Virgin. I cannot contact anyone to say I want to cancel. I don't even have an address to write to

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You are right. The truth is that all the VM staff have decided to take luxury holidays in the Virgin Isles paid for by Richard and intend the spend the rest of the summer away from the annoying people and their nonsense.  

What they want you to do is to lose your patience and go ahead and cancel your direct debit. They like nothing more than to pass your case to VM collections who will suspend your services, send an adverse report to the credit agencies (oh look no more mortgages, car loans, credit cards or overdrafts for six years)  and then give work to the debt collectors if you don't pay what you contracted for.

On the other hand the truth is much less fun. VM lost most of their call centre capacity in countries which are still in lock down (people dying and all that inconvenient stuff which is of course not happening, its just fake news put round by Bill Gates and the illuminati and not forgetting the lizards who are really in charge). 

The UK call centre is working but you need patience to get through - a quality that is described as virtue but appears to be in short supply in some places.

I'll have one last try to help you. Read this:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

Still you do what you want and believe what you want. Till the truth hits and you come to your senses. We can't save you from yourself.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Are you really meant to be helpful!! They have always been this bad. They can quite easily relocate a call centre these days. If you continue to be sarcastic just don't bother because you are not helpful. And guess what I don't need a mortgage!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Of course I'm helpful. Its my middle name. VM did recruit about 500 more staff to make up for the loss of their capacity overseas. Of course they don't need training or anything like that. Why aren't you running VM. You seem to know what you are doing (heavy sarcasm).

I've told you what will happen if you do as you intend. What more do you want? Just go ahead on your chosen path. Don't ever say we never told you so.

I've enjoyed meeting you on-line.

Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mackers66,

sorry you are upset by the delay with people answering phones. The delays affect other companies, not just Virgin.

Most of the overseas call centres were closed down at the start of the Covid outbreak.

The majority of the UK call centre staff have been working from home due to social distancing within the call centres.

During this period Virgin have been recruiting over 600 more UK staff 

100 new customer contact centre jobs in Sheffield 

Virgin Media creates more than 500 customer contact centre jobs 

If you tell us what your problem is then we may be able to help you.

You can also use the following methods to contact Virgin

You can try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a short description of your problem  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Mackers66 wrote:

Do you work for Virgin. I cannot contact anyone to say I want to cancel. I don't even have an address to write to

Maybe you should read the terms and conditions you agreed to when accepting your contract with VM

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end  

1. In addition to your rights to cancel during the cooling off period, either you or we may end this agreement at any time (including during or at the end of any minimum period) by giving the other 30 days’ notice.  You can provide notice and end this agreement under this provision by:

1. dialling 0345 454 1111 from any phone (for information on how much this call will cost from a Virgin Media home phone visit virginmedia.com/callcosts.  Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary); or

2. writing to Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The only reason there are so many call centres and staff is because of poor customer service. If staff were trained properly they would know what to do.

If VM ran their company properly they would not need these thousands of telephone call centres in foreign countries, (who invariably can't do anything except hand you over to a UK call centre), they would then only require a few hundred employed in this country.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Bengie wrote:

The only reason there are so many call centres and staff is because of poor customer service. If staff were trained properly they would know what to do.

If VM ran their company properly they would not need these thousands of telephone call centres in foreign countries, (who invariably can't do anything except hand you over to a UK call centre), they would then only require a few hundred employed in this country.

business expert talking there!

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray