Menu
Bowbrick
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Help. Virgin Media had destroyed my credit rating

Hi
During 2016/17 I had an ongoing dispute with Virgin Media who had installed the router a cupboard behind a sofa. We had to move the sofa every time we changed a tv channel and could not get wifi except in that room.

They offered to move the router if I paid them. I refused to pay more money. They offered to send me a cable so the router would then have been in the fireplace. It never arrived.

I made endless phone calls, sent complaint letters and emails. The response was that it was my fault as I had let them install the router in a cupboard and refused to pay them to fix it.  They also refused to let me finish the contract early. 

Finally I came to the end of the contract. I asked them to extend the phone contract until Sky arrived. They did not do this. 

They then sent me a bill of £142 to cover the extension of the phone access during which time I had been using Sky services - and the cost of a Virgin contractor to disconnect. No contractor ever came to my house.

I sent more letters. Today I checked my credit rating after having been turned down for a credit card. Virgin media has said I missed multiple payments in 2017. 

What can I do?
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Help. Virgin Media had destroyed my credit rating

Probably because you didnt pay a bill they sent you?  or you cancelled a DD?
Perhaps not unreasonably of course - but it does tend to lead to auto-initiate this credit rating black mark - which I am guessing is going to be a pain to correct.

VM might respond here and ask you to go to a PM conversation, or if the boards regular "expert" on all these matters "Andruser" comes along he might have some wise words

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help. Virgin Media had destroyed my credit rating

Useful info in this thread that might help you?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Default-of-GBP-24-on-Credit-Report-Mortgage-Ap...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos