Menu
Jochenlondon
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Help! How can I get in touch with Virgin?

Can Virgin please help me? My broadband reception (and TV) is unbelievably bad for some time now. As I work from home I need reliable internet connection. But with that failing, some days I am not able to work at all. I want to get out of the contract with Virgin and switch to BT. But I am unable to find an e-Mail address to get in touch with Virgin. Online is not an option either. And I spend already hours in the queue on the phone. At the end the call is always cut off (before I spoke to anybody at Virgin). I understand that Virgin‘s call centres are closed at the moment, due to Covid. But there must be some way to get in touch. I can’t switch to a new provider before I cancelled my contract with Virgin.
I need an internet connection that works to be able to do my work. All my neighbours in my area who are with Virgin have the same problem.
Please help. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help! How can I get in touch with Virgin?

the call centers are still open. calling first thing int he morning is best.

You can get a new ISP before cancelling VM. in fact that is recommended to leave both running and cancel VM when you have your new provider up and running or if there are any delays you will be left without any service
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help! How can I get in touch with Virgin?

As all the neighbours are having the same problem there must be a known problem. Firstly, Have you checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- as apcyberax says - the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) gives the best chance of getting through quickly, although I got through recently in 20' at ~1pm midweek.

Note if you want to cancel use the same number with options 1,1,4,4. You have to give 30 days notice and if you are still "in a contract period" you will be subject to early disconnection charge. You can also cancel in writing.

One useful thing to do before you leave is to let us look at the state of the connection. So if you haven’t already, set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” (BQM) to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in any discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos