cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Cannot find my login details and need to cancel virgin as moving

MarkC3
Tuning in

I am moving soon and need to cancel my Virgin media. Unfortunately i cannot sign into myvirgin as i don't know my login details. I tried retrieving them but none of my email addresses are recognized and i don't have any record of my account number etc. I have tried online chat, WhatsApp and speaking to numerous on the phone but they all say they cannot help as i fail the security question.
I feel my only option is to cancel my direct debit as nobody seams to be able to help me login or cancel.
Can anyone please help?

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The monthly email notifications VM sends out to tell you a bill is ready should show your account number and area reference.

Also, have a look on your bank statement if you pay by direct debit.

When I had a VM account, the first nine digits of the DD payment ref was the VM account no. with 001 added on the end i.e. 123456789001

Cancelling your DD will do nothing to prompt VM to get in touch with you other than launch VM's debt recovery processes (a very efficient part of an otherwise inefficient organisation). There are numerous cases on the forums of trashed credit histories and contact from debt collectors as a result of missed payments VM thinks it is due.

You might get some help from the forum team on here if someone moves your topic to the 'Management - Cable' forum and if you can pass the security questions on here.

MarkC3
Tuning in

That is great thank you. I have managed to find the email i signed up with after you mentioned the account no. is on my DD. I have never used it since i have had it but still have no idea what the password is and it will not let me change it online! 
2 steps forward and then 10 back to the beginning. Its like a losing game of snakes and ladders!😩

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you now know the account number, you should be able to answer the generic security questions the VM forum staff ask on here via PM.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you simply wish to cancel your account with no further discussion or negotiation with VM ...

You can cancel your services by post as per info below

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/cancel-virgin-media

Use a first-class, signed-for delivery service. This will give you a date/time of delivery when you gave VM your 30 days’ notice to cancel. Also keep a record of the tracking number.