Menu
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 11 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green cabinet blocking front driveway

Who ever it belongs to the chances of them even thinking of moving it during the virus emergency or afterwards is zero. They won't even want to start the process and the local authority would have to be involved if it is on an adopted road . They are a tad busy too.

Since it would involve disconnecting everyone who is served by the cabinet from all their services - internet, TV and phone for days and days who on earth would put with that (applies to VM or BT linked ISPs) so there would be major objections. Forget the whole idea at the moment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Superstar
Message 12 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi forget the idea full time. Regards Micky
Rising star
Message 13 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Could you post some photographs of the position in relation to your drive and also some closeups (from various angles).

I'm sure someone here could then identify the cabinet and maybe advise on your situation.

If you could show where the curb stones drop in you photo that might help.

0 Kudos
Hero
Message 14 of 16
Flag for a moderator

It's a fact that unless the cabinet is a health or safety hazard VM is under no obligation to move it.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 15 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Before you go any further, have you actually read all the rules and regulations for driveways? They have changed within the last few years and are now very restrictive. I looked at widening my driveway and gave up due to many new restrictions. Most of the driveways in my road do not now meet the new regulations.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Nooreen_93, thanks for posting.

Do you still wish to receive confirmation of whether or not we own the cabinet in question?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos