Menu
Laulala
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Graffiti on cabinet - can I just paint over it myself?

Will anyone from Virgin complain if I tidy up their cabinet outside my house by myself? It's covered in graffiti and stickers, all I want to do is put a coat of grey metal paint over it to smarten it up. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Graffiti on cabinet - can I just paint over it myself?

Hi Laulala, 

thanks for your post, can you please provide us with a photo of the box and the postcode that is the nearest to its location, if it is the same as your home let me know and I will pop you am message and get the details from you privately 

thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Laulala
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes please message me for photos 

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Laulala

You cannot send photos via message if you post it and I will message asking for your details 🙂
thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Will anyone from Virgin complain if I tidy up their cabinet outside my house by myself? 

Judging by the state of my local VM cabinets over the years, they'd neither know nor care.  But if the cabinet is being graffitied, then that'll happen again even if you did do an urban guerrilla paint job, so no point doing anything yourself.  Although if VM repaint the cabinet, you might then want to investigate Urban Easy-On Anti-graffiti Clear Glaze, and sneak that on.....can't say I've tried that myself, but worth a thought.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm sure that wouldn't really care. But remember that technically you are also graffitiing the cabinet and maybe be just as illegal
0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Laulala

I have reported this to our cabinet team please keep us posted on this 🙂

thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

But remember that technically you are also graffitiing the cabinet and maybe be just as illegal

Doesn't seem to have deterred Banksy......although the law in this area is actual one of criminal damage.  Whilst VM would certainly not encourage it, personally I can't see them worrying if somebody applied an anti-graffiti clear coat, nor can I see any court accepting that to do so is damage. 

Of course, VM could avoid the whole business if they choose to be proactive, and have their technicians notify the maintenance teams of graffitied, damaged, open, or faded street furniture, and those maintenance teams kept the cabinets smart.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks