Menu
FortyTwo
Just joined
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Golf Channel

I am about a year into my current BB+TV package.  My wife likes to watch golf on TV.  We DO NOT watch football and are ideologically opposed to paying for Sky Sports to fund the salaries of premier league. 

1.  Is it possible to get (just) the golf channel with Virgin? 

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Golf Channel

no you can't just get 1 channel, you need to subsribe to all the sky sports channels.
this is the same across all the providers.

not sure your idealogy is sound though, you do realise that they pay a LOT of tax into the UK? and professional golfers make a lot of money too, but hardly any of that will be UK tax elligible.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

Juventino
Up to speed
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@spgray wrote:

no you can't just get 1 channel, you need to subsribe to all the sky sports channels.
this is the same across all the providers.

not sure your idealogy is sound though, you do realise that they pay a LOT of tax into the UK? and professional golfers make a lot of money too, but hardly any of that will be UK tax elligible.

That's a good point about the tax. On the subject of Sky Sports, I have the Sky Sports package, if I cancelled that would there be loss of "discount" elsewhere in my package...I have just about all the channels I think plus Premier Sports, I find I don't actually need Sky Sports anymore, I just remember hearing something about a discount if you have Sky Sports and Sky Movies together or something like that?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Juventino,

You would ideally need to check your contract online due to package and add on variables.

Sky Sports and Sky Cinema are included as part of the Ultimate Oomph package, also included in the Bigger Bundle plus Sports & Movies.  If you have either of these two package then it would affect your package discounts.

If however you've added both the Sky Sports and Sky Movies as stand alone addons, the same as your Premier Sports addon then you can cancel them by giving 30 days notice and they wouldn't affect any package discounts.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

Juventino
Up to speed
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@newapollo wrote:

Hi Juventino,

You would ideally need to check your contract online due to package and add on variables.

Sky Sports and Sky Cinema are included as part of the Ultimate Oomph package, also included in the Bigger Bundle plus Sports & Movies.  If you have either of these two package then it would affect your package discounts.

If however you've added both the Sky Sports and Sky Movies as stand alone addons, the same as your Premier Sports addon then you can cancel them by giving 30 days notice and they wouldn't affect any package discounts.

Thanks newapollo.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@newapollo wrote:

I hope newapollo won't mind me clarifying a little here..

If you have Sky Sports and/or Cinema channels at their normal standard price, then you can indeed cancel them with 30days notice and you will save the published price.

Many customers (I count myself here) have them as add-ons, but don't pay the published price. The quid-pro-quo for a discount, is that you can't cancel them without affecting the rest of your package.

As newapollo has said, you need to check your contract and package to see what bundle deal you are on.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Juventino
Up to speed
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@japitts wrote:

@newapollo wrote:

I hope newapollo won't mind me clarifying a little here..

If you have Sky Sports and/or Cinema channels at their normal standard price, then you can indeed cancel them with 30days notice and you will save the published price.

Many customers (I count myself here) have them as add-ons, but don't pay the published price. The quid-pro-quo for a discount, is that you can't cancel them without affecting the rest of your package.

As newapollo has said, you need to check your contract and package to see what bundle deal you are on.

Thanks japitts, I am going to check. 

0 Kudos
annorax
Superfast
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Those that subscribe to Sky Sports on Sky itself ( except Now tv ) can pick and choose what sport they want to pay for.

If you only want to watch the football on Sky Sports you only pay for the football which is about £18.00 and that price is for any single sport and you can pick and choose what sports they offer upto paying for the full package.

VM might have to push hard when it comes to a new contract it they want the same Sky Sports deal Sky offers to it's own customers.

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

football is on multiple channels though, so does that price for the single sport give you access to all the sky sports channels that carry the football?

SS Main Event
SS Football
SS Premier League

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No. If you want to buy SS Premier League & SS Football on Sky, it's classed as 2 channels. Action & Arena were bundled at one stage, but I'm not sure if this remains so since Action was rebranded as NFL.

It's been a while since I looked at their pricing structure in any detail, but it used to be that once you'd chosen perhaps 3 individual sports channels, you'd be as sensible getting the complete package. Intentionally so, on Sky's part.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos