Menu
jforce1100
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Genuine Isolator Cable

I need a 5metre Isolator cable , but have been told by "tech help"  that they "don't do one".

Plenty of cables are available ,but none seem to have the built-in isolator..  Can anyone help ?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Genuine Isolator Cable

you can't modify the VM coax cable yourself. You need to get VM to make any chances
0 Kudos
jforce1100
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If Virgin cant supply this cable, what can I do, at the minute I have a standard cable which extends thesupplied isolator  cable but this gives me a joint, which I don't want and looks very unsightly as it cant be hidden under carpet etc etc    Aesthetically and signal quality wise, a single cable is I feel quite a reasonable request and not the holy grail that its turning out to be .     Only been with virgin a month and from an after sales perspective am beginning to regret it

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

vm can move the cable box for a cost of £99
As this is a non fault call out the standard charge will apply.

Why didn't you get them to install the box where you needed it if you have only been with them 1 month
0 Kudos
jforce1100
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

it was all on a self install basis,  I was unaware that they could do the installation ,  never offered it as an option

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

they can come out and make up any length of cable you need - it may be chargeable though

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

if you had a manned install it would have cost £30 if you can't use the current setup. Not sure if you can call CS and see if they can get the point moved as part of the install now of it it would be a non fault call out of £99
0 Kudos