Menu
lilkitty81
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Free movies not activated - new customer

I recently signed upto Virgin... was a customer for years but when we moved house just over 3 years ago, Virgin was not an option.

Cables have recently been pulled through on our estate and the service is available.

Signed up over the phone with a sales guy who told me that I had the choice of Sky Movies or Sky Sports free for 3 months which would start on day of install (today).

I've had everything installed today as planned - speed what we expected and very please but no movie channels!

I have checked over my paperwork and there is no mention of this free for 3 months offer anywhere! 

Tried to contact Virgin since 4pm through chat, phone and no response.

Has anyone had this experience and how likely am I to get this resolved? I hate to think I've been duped to sign up with an offer that I will now not get!

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free movies not activated - new customer

Hi lilkitty81,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Really sorry to hear that there has been some confusion over your 3 months free movie deal. We fully understand that if this was part of the reason why you signed up you should have the deal you opted for.

As you stated there is no mention of this on your new contract deal we would advised to give us a call on 0345 454 1111 or message us on 0753 305 1809. Our team would be happy to check this out for you and see if there is anything we can do for you to have access to these channels.

Please let us know how you get on once you have spoken to the team.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
lilkitty81
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jodi... I did eventually get through on the phone and the call was pulled. 

The free movies has now been activated but I have now noticed on my bill that the activation fee has not been waived as also promised.

I feel like I'm spending most of my time, chasing things 😩

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HI lilkitty81, thanks for contacting us and we are sorry to hear that you are still having issues with the service. When looking at accounts we have installation and activation fees, can you check the contract which was sent to you and check if it says that both fees would be waived or just one of them. If you can provide proof they we would be able to get such a charged removed. We wouldn't usually remove an activation fee. Chris. 

0 Kudos
lilkitty81
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris

Yes he categorically said it was the activation fee as install fee was already free.

This was the reason I signed up... my first question on the callback from him was we would only sign up if we could have the activation fee waived as we were already in a contract with BT, which would cost us to get out of. 

He actually stated that he had already sought authorisation from his manager (this was mentioned on a previous call that he would ask) as only a manager could remove the activation charge.

I'm guessing customer services were able to retrieve the call when I requested from when I called them the other day in relation to the movies free for 3 months, cause these have now been added on. On the same call, the activation fee was negotiated so should be able to hear that back.

The sales guy stated that my initial sign up paperwork would state the activation is on there along with a £25 initial deposit (which I didn't have to pay) but to ignore it and it would come off my bill.

It's annoying that I have to keep chasing these things up 😩

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry about the experience which you have been having and I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into for you. Chris. 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HI lilkitty81, that is not a problem and we are happy that we were able to get this resolved, please let us know if you need any further assistance with anything? ^Chris 

0 Kudos