Menu
soul1
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Fraud call from Virgin Media Technical Team

Hi everyone just received 2 calls today saying that they are from Virgin Media's technical department and that I have a fault with my broadband. The last telephone number that called me is 01475454356. I played along a bit on the second call and what the guy was trying to get me to do was have a look at Event Viewer on my PC. He then said that I have a lot of malware on my computer and that is why my VM broadband is running slow. These are fraudulent calls from people saying they are Virgin Media whatever department. Please be careful and always call Virgin Media to see if they have really called. Please pass this message on. Thanks 🙂

Started with Bell Cablemedia in the early 90's and now with Virgin Media. How time flies...
0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fraud call from Virgin Media Technical Team

01475454356 is a proper landline number for Greenock Scotland!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for making us aware of this Soul1, we've send this information off to the relevant teams.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
soul1
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi. had another call today saying that they were the Virgin Media Technical department. Telephone number that they were calling from is 01482 774245. They got a short and swift response from a family member and put the phone down very quickly. Once again, please don't fall for it. Please pass this message onto friends and family. Thanks Emily for passing this information to the relevant teams.

🙂

Started with Bell Cablemedia in the early 90's and now with Virgin Media. How time flies...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You're very welcome soul1.

Thanks for making us aware and if you need any further assistance you know where we are.

Jodi 

0 Kudos