Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Feeling trapped

Both myself and my flatmate are self employed and due to the Coronavirus unable to work . Previous to this we wanted to change the subscription which was in his name because it costs £73.90 for what is basically freeview tv and broadband.  The same package for a new customer is £33 . Understandably we would want to change in normal circumstances but particularly now . Unable to get installation  from another provider because of the lockdown.  I thought a solution would be to remain with Virgin and sign up as a new customer in my name  only to be told that there would be a 2 week period between him canceling and me signing on leaving no broadband or tv .

I'm pretty sure this would not be the case were I moving into the property and him moving out . 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Feeling trapped

Tricky one. Dont know for sure but I would expect VM would be well versed in the old student house trick of each student being the account holder for a year and then leaving for another to get a new customer discount, and have systems in place to prevent this. But maybe not so good luck.

Another option if you are in a good 4G/5G area is to get broadband via that route with a SIM/Mifi deal from the likes of Three, Voda, etc. Worth investigating what you can get for how much as there are of course no installation issues.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos