iconoculture31
Tuning in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Feedback surveys

Hi,

hoping a Community Natterer - or any other member for that matter -

can help enlighten me, please?

Every time I view VM's community webpage, I receive a Feedback Survey pop-up request, that then hides itself when I hit "When I'm done"...

In two days, I have received a good dozen at least of these Feedback Survey requests, why...

...when only ONE response has been acknowledged ?

What interval has the survey system been programmed to apply to Feedback Survey responses before it resets and permits response to these unending Feedback Survey requests without reacting to submission of a response with the following:-

"Your survey answers were not submitted because you have already responded."

or "Authentication Failed" as, below, please? Thanks in advance! 

Authentication Failed.
0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Feedback surveys

The feedback surveys are a regular annoyance on here IMO because they always seem to be so badly set up and configured.

On the last round when they popped up, they were appearing every few minutes when moving between different forums. Clicking 'No' to them previously seemed to do nothing and they kept re-appearing. Filling them in once and then trying to fill them in again to try to get rid of them resulted in the 'already responded' message.

I previously blocked them with an ad-blocker program but the current round seem to be immune to that treatment now.

I have found clicking 'No' this time around does seem to have stopped them but they do return after clearing the cache in the browser.

0 Kudos
Kev_B
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi @iconoculture31 @goslow 

Sorry to hear the surveys are becoming a nuisance. We do have them configured to only pop up again 90 days after clicking no; which seems to work in most cases, though I have heard examples of it popping up more regularly. I think there is an association with cookies but I'll need to consult with the platform supplier to get a better understanding of how the prompts should behave if cookies are cleared regularly.

Let me take this away and see if I can find out any more info, and report the bug if it is found to be misbehaving.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@Kev_B

For clarity, the surveys (as deployed now) do seem to have been behaving themselves! Having clicked 'No' when I last saw one, I haven't seen one again, as yet! But I do have the ad-blocker setting still in place. I am going to remove that now and see what happens.

goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Well, as soon as I took off the ad-blocker setting, a survey popped up within a few minutes when I left the forum page open but not active. Will now choose 'No' and leave cookies in place and the ad-blocker off and see how soon it comes back again.

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

All actions below were carried out while not logged into the forum.
I have removed the ad-blocker setting and within a few minutes the survey window popped up with the page open on an individual topic.
Clicked 'No' and left the topic open but no activity from me on the browser tab/page and moved to another tab
A few minutes later, returned to the same page and another survey had popped up. Clicked 'No' to that.
Switched to a different forum and opened another individual topic. Left that individual topic page open for a few minutes but unused or viewed and another survey had popped up when returning to view the page.
So, while not logged in and moving between different forums and leaving a particular topic open but not being viewed/used another survey pops up and clicking 'No' doesn't seem to do anything to stop more survey windows appearing.
Have now reinstated the ad-blocker setting as it was actually doing something after all!

Using Chrome Version 89.0.4389.128 (Official Build) (64-bit) on W10 Pro Version 20H2 OS build 19042.928

iconoculture31
Tuning in
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kev_B,
Thanks, but no apology necessary. it's not the surveys that are a nuisance, but the idiot program that, after a page viewer has agreed to take the survey & responded by submitting answers to the questions, must have been programmed first NOT to accept any further survey submissions from that IP address for an as yet undetermined period, but second TO KEEP DELIVERING Feedback Survey pop-ups to that IP address...
0 Kudos
Kev_B
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Good morning all,

Thanks for your patience, I've had an update to say it's linked to acceptance of cookies.

I know the cookie banner only really displays if you're signed out; so if you're auto signing into community every time then it's easy to miss. I've been told that if you haven't accepted the community cookies then the survey will continue to pop up, as its cookies are optional. Would anybody mind testing the theory in an incognito or private tab, which should prompt the cookie banner to appear. If you click OK to the cookie policy, the survey banner should appear after about 3 minutes. Just replicate your usual browsing and see if it comes back again after dismissing?

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
scoge
Joining in
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kev,    On feedback (and I never thought I would ever ask this!) how can I give feedback to an individual customer service person, who was very customer friendly, polite, and gave me great service and a great deal on my services recently?

0 Kudos
Kev_B
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi @scoge 

Feel free to post below and I can pass it on, or if you want just send me a message and I'll make sure the feedback finds its way to the right person 😊

Kev

0 Kudos